Jack White?

ssimpson90

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Monty Python album that does the same thing.. a 3 sided album I think they called it

50-50 chance of hearing what you intended to hear. Which is ok if you're not bothered, but otherwise... yep, a bit gimmicky.

I was trying to explain how it worked to my brother, and his eyes just kept rolling round their sockets.

How many grooves are there on one side of a vinyl disc? one, usually :blink:

Theres no "run in" groove on the first track. Silly stuff from White. People are going to wreck their needles spinning in deadwax just trying to start the record.

Theres no "run in" groove on the first track. Silly stuff from White. People are going to wreck their needles spinning in deadwax just trying to start the record.

isn't it supposed to be a 50/50 chance of dropping on the acoustic intro or electric intro to Just One Drink?

Oh and my local record store doesn't have it and possibly won't until next week!

Fuming! This is what happens when you are a loyal to your local store.

isn't it supposed to be a 50/50 chance of dropping on the acoustic intro or electric intro to Just One Drink?

Oh and my local record store doesn't have it and possibly won't until next week!

Fuming! This is what happens when you are a loyal to your local store.

I'm on about the start of "Three Women", not "Just One Drink" mate. Thought I've heard theres a problem with that track aswell.

:D

Am i the only one here who's not feeling this? What I want from White is a shed load of big riffs and some form of deeply unhinged vocal but most of the records sees him venturing further towards honky tonk country and western which doesn't float my boat at all. In fact it's as disappointing as Get Behind Me Satan. I'll be watching him but mostly for the early Stripes stuff.

Am i the only one here who's not feeling this? What I want from White is a shed load of big riffs and some form of deeply unhinged vocal but most of the records sees him venturing further towards honky tonk country and western which doesn't float my boat at all. In fact it's as disappointing as Get Behind Me Satan. I'll be watching him but mostly for the early Stripes stuff.

i am pretty much in the same boat as you. at least get behind me satan had 'my doorbell, 'take take take', 'the denial twist' and 'instinct blues', 'red rain'... far better than this solo record!

hope he plays 'screwdriver' and 'ball and biscuit'.

i am pretty much in the same boat as you. at least get behind me satan had 'my doorbell, 'take take take', 'the denial twist' and 'instinct blues', 'red rain'... far better than this solo record!

hope he plays 'screwdriver' and 'ball and biscuit'.

Ball and Biscuit is exactly what I'm after! In fact I wouldn't complain if he did that for an hour straight!

Theres 4 or 5 tunes on this record that will go down an absolute treat at Glasters. The "honky tonk and c&w" stuff you don't seem to be that keen on is EXACTLY what I'm loving about the record. "Blunderbuss pt. 2" this ain't - but played back to back theyre reminiscient of "Exile". Thats a good thing.

Theres 4 or 5 tunes on this record that will go down an absolute treat at Glasters. The "honky tonk and c&w" stuff you don't seem to be that keen on is EXACTLY what I'm loving about the record. "Blunderbuss pt. 2" this ain't - but played back to back theyre reminiscient of "Exile". Thats a good thing.

Each to his own I guess. Glad you like it though - the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

That's shite is that. Their fault or the record company's?

Will have to brave the rain to go pick mine up this aft.

ninesick

to be fair the store has been shut because of a death in the family and the only just reopened so I think they're a bit behind on orders. Really wanted to hear the vinyl version of it tonight. I'll make do with a recording of the governor's ball show.

I quite fancy leeds with the new (and smaller than others?) arena...but risking going solo from newcastle? Not sure.

Edit: not the fact of going there solo, just not sure if I'm that bothered to go solo to leeds from newc, haha.

Edited by Dom Wall