Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

Where has the info come for Lana to be on west holts? Like is that totally reliable or an estimate? I just don't really get that, I was hopin for an earlier day slot on pyramid, they have the likes of Rita Ora on pyramid stage I think Lana could of been personally?

Where has the info come for Lana to be on west holts? Like is that totally reliable or an estimate? I just don't really get that, I was hopin for an earlier day slot on pyramid, they have the likes of Rita Ora on pyramid stage I think Lana could of been personally?

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Lana's famously selective about crowd sizes. Allegedly, the promoters wanted her to play more arenas on her European tour last year but she wanted to cap the crowd sizes. That may explain why she's on the West Holts rather than an afternoon Pyramid slot.

She'll certainly pull in the crowds as well. Her UK tour sold out almost instantly last year at £30+ a ticket which is quite steep for someone with just one album (albeit one that has sold 850K in the UK!)

I guess there is always the chance that she might play the Pyramid as well isn't there? Often there is a bit of cross-over between the two stages. Amy Winehouse and Manu Chao are two that spring to mind played lower down on the Pyramid and then headlined or subbed the West Holts/Jazz World at the same festival

Edited by RatSpeaks

Brilliant. That means I've definitely got something to watch on Saturday night and, if Metallica don't play, it could well be my first ever West Holts headliner.

She's hugely popular, her most popular tracks have almost 60 million listens on spotify, almost 6x as many as Arcade Fire's and 7x as many as Kasabian's.

(Definitely not saying she should headline, I just think people are underestimating her popularity)

She's hugely popular, her most popular tracks have almost 60 million listens on spotify, almost 6x as many as Arcade Fire's and 7x as many as Kasabian's.

(Definitely not saying she should headline, I just think people are underestimating her popularity)

Edited by Vanderlyle

According to spotify and youtube-counts it should be Miley Cirus and Justin Bieber who were headlining,

don't get me wrong- I like Lana's music, but online counts on spotify and the likes aren't telling anything about (festival/concert) popularity