The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

28 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Might aswell give it a shot: 

Liam Gallagher / Catfish And The Bottleman // Tyler The Creator // Wolf Alice 

Skepta 

Kanye West // The Streets // Gerry Cinnamon  

Jungle 

Tame Impala / Royal Blood // Vampire Weekend // Wolf Alice 

Skrillex (Closing set) / Brockhampton  

Wolf Alice tryna out-do Enter Shikari here

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Might aswell give it a shot: 

Liam Gallagher / Catfish And The Bottleman // Tyler The Creator // Wolf Alice 

Skepta 

Kanye West // The Streets // Gerry Cinnamon  

Jungle 

Tame Impala / Royal Blood // Vampire Weekend // Wolf Alice 

Skrillex (Closing set) / Brockhampton  

Wolf Alice will not perform twice and royal blood will not co headline as they are subbing this year.

TRAVIS SCOTT, BRING ME THE HORIZON, All Time Low, Halsey, 21 Savage, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Rex Orange County, Bicep LIVE, Mahalia
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Yungen

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Limp Bizkit, Slowthai, Boston Manor
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Neck Deep, Creeper
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: Example

THE KILLERS, Two Door Cinema Club, Gerry Cinnamon, Nothing But Thieves, Octavian, Declan McKenna
R1: Marshmello, Grimes, Playboi Carti, Idles
Da: Netsky // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Denzel Curry

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

TRAVIS SCOTT, BRING ME THE HORIZON, All Time Low, Halsey, 21 Savage, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Rex Orange County, Bicep LIVE, Mahalia
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Yungen

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Limp Bizkit, Slowthai, Boston Manor
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Neck Deep, Creeper
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: Example

THE KILLERS, Two Door Cinema Club, Gerry Cinnamon, Nothing But Thieves, Octavian, Declan McKenna
R1: Marshmello, Grimes, Playboi Carti, Idles
Da: Netsky // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Denzel Curry

Actually like this a lot, but would Travis want to co-head again? Unless he played later for both sets, but then I'm not sure BMTH would want that either

Surely Limp Bizkit would be above Slaves and Wolf Alice?

Denzel would be a v nice alternative to gouging my eyes out to Mr. Brightside 

Edited by jamieaslee

10 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Actually like this a lot, but would Travis want to co-head again? Unless he played later for both sets, but then I'm not sure BMTH would want that either

Travis didn't co-headline in 2018, he just subbed. I was imagining that he'd close both sites, for what it's worth.

10 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Surely Limp Bizkit would be above Slaves and Wolf Alice?

I guess you could swap Limp Bizkit and Slaves around, but there's no way they'd be above Wolf Alice.

Edit: Not that it changes/matters much, but you could re-order that day to something like:
GREEN DAY, Wolf Alice, Tyler the Creator, Limp Bizkit, Slaves, Slowthai.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Travis didn't co-headline in 2018, he just subbed. I was imagining that he'd close both sites, for what it's worth.

I guess you could swap Limp Bizkit and Slaves around, but there's no way they'd be above Wolf Alice.

Edit: Not that it changes/matters much, but you could re-order that day to something like:
GREEN DAY, Wolf Alice, Tyler the Creator, Limp Bizkit, Slaves, Slowthai.

Oh I didn't know that, always assumed it was a co-headline

Here's hoping you're right, as I quite like this line-up

Thought I'd have another crack at it after seeing a few of the performances so far at Glasto, gotta say Stormzy blew all my expectations out of the water, certainly cemented himself as a big league headliner after that. 

Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 13.04.00.png

39 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Love Liam but he was dreadful last night. He’d be a really underwhelming booking 

2nd this and I personally found him boring in 2017 when he subbed too, bar the Oasis tunes. - Rather have any of Foals, Vampire Weekend or Tame Impala if we're having an "indie" headliner and I doubt any of those are big enough to headline alone

Edited by jamieaslee
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Why not?

Because they aren’t that big. I love Vampire Weekend but was really surprised that they subbed the Pyramid at Glastonbury. 

Six years ago they did a country wide arena tour including the O2, now they’re doing all academies and two nights at Ally Pally. They’re certainly no bigger than they were last time they played in 2014 and they were third down. 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Why does everyone have to co-headline all of a sudden?

Tame Impala were 3rd on NME last time they played six years ago, and they didn't get booked at all after they released Currents which is apparently their best album, why would they suddenly be in the top two?

If they did play during the currents cycle they’d have subbed. And they still would sub if they played 

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Because they aren’t that big. I love Vampire Weekend but was really surprised that they subbed the Pyramid at Glastonbury. 

Six years ago they did a country wide arena tour including the O2, now they’re doing all academies and two nights at Ally Pally. They’re certainly no bigger than they were last time they played in 2014 and they were third down. 

To be honest I think VW got the sub to lack of other options, if we went back to 2017 and they played I don't see them above 3rd.

10 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

If they did play during the currents cycle they’d have subbed. And they still would sub if they played 

Yeah exactly and the question is if the new album is a success where would they land, so presuming it's as successful as Currents, would they potentially co-headline?

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala were 3rd on NME last time they played six years ago, and they didn't get booked at all after they released Currents which is apparently their best album, why would they suddenly be in the top two?

Mate firstly Currants is a sick album with Huge hits secondly they headlined Coachella and Headlined the other stage at Glasto plus selling out the O2 in London and tickets selling out in around 2 hours I mean if that's not co - headline or even headline status I dunno what is? 

Personal opinion, I gave Currents a listen for the first time yesterday and turned it off after two songs because I was bored of it. I appreciate it did wonders for their popularity but I thought it was dull. Open to giving it another try.

Coachella is irrelevant. It's undeniably a huge event but they've played way more shows in the States so will be a far bigger name, case in point that I very clearly don't get the hype. Bands like Die Toten Hosen and Die Arzte headlining Rock am Ring but they aren't going to top the Download bill even though it's a very similar market.

When you get other bands selling out multiple arenas in a tour (case in point, Panic sold out 6 on their March tour, including 2 nights at the O2 in London), why is it impressive that they sold out 1?

I am not arguing the case that they're big, I'm just arguing the case that might not be as big in the UK market as people seem to think. If they aren't getting booked at all off the back of their best album, why would that suddenly change with a new one?

I'm completely open to possibility of being proved wrong in 6 months time and I'll own up to it but other than being told they'll sub and pointing at them playing the Other Stage at Glasto no-one has convinced me they'll show up.

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Mate firstly Currants is a sick album with Huge hits secondly they headlined Coachella and Headlined the other stage at Glasto plus selling out the O2 in London and tickets selling out in around 2 hours I mean if that's not co - headline or even headline status I dunno what is? 

What they do abroad has no relevance to what they play in the UK. 

For what it’s worth, I think they could and should co-headline if they were to play.