The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Think they are tbh but there are a few acts on this year's that I'd have definitely thought too low.

I was gonna come here and drop mine, hope not to steal SomeoneListeningIn's thunder.

STORMZY, Courteeners, Haim, Everything Everything, Sigrid, Code Orange
R1: The Desert Sessions, Don Broco, Trippie Redd

GREEN DAY, Bring Me the Horizon, Tyler the Creator, Slaves, Cage the Elephant, Slowthai
R1: (Sigma closing set), Glass Animals, Mostack, The Neighbourhood

FOALS, LIAM GALLAGHER, Wolf Alice, Sam Fender, Bugzy Malone, MØ
R1: Die Antwoord, 2 Chainz, Shame

I will go with that but where's two door cinema club

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Think they are tbh but there are a few acts on this year's that I'd have definitely thought too low.

I was gonna come here and drop mine, hope not to steal SomeoneListeningIn's thunder.

GREEN DAY, Bring Me the Horizon, Tyler the Creator, Slaves, Cage the Elephant, Slowthai

DoN BrOcO aRe tOo lOw aGaiN :lol:

Looks great though. Slowthai on main would bang.

Please not Courteeners again. I think TDCC will sub, personally. 

I’d be tempted to put J Hus in a big slot. Either R1 headliner or third down on Stormzy day. With a new album I think he’ll be back on the ascent after his stint inside. 

Edited by Andre91

Friday: GREENDAY, Skepta, Don Broco, Slaves, Neck Deep, The Hives, Idles, Marmozets, Fidlar, SWMRS

Saturday: STORMZY, Chase & Status, Tyler The Creator, Run The Jewels, Logic, Loyale Carner, Pale Waves, Scarlxrd, Bexey, Fontains D.C

Sunday; CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN, LIAM GALLAGHER, Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thevies, Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, Modestep, Fickle Friends, The Chats

Secret set: Slaves on the lock up billed under "The Hunter" 

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What makes you think The Desert Sessions?

On 6/6/2019 at 1:04 AM, dentalplan said:

On 6/5/2019 at 10:50 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

TRAVIS SCOTT, BILLIE EILISH, All Time Low, Halsey, 21 Savage, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Rex Orange County, Bicep LIVE, Playboi Carti
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Slaves // 1xtra: Yungen

THE KILLERS, Two Door Cinema Club, Tyler the Creator, Glass Animals, Cage the Elephant, Declan McKenna, King Princess
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Mahalia, Idles
Da: Netsky // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Denzel Curry

GREEN DAY, Wolf Alice, Giggs, Parkway Drive, Limp Bizkit, Slowthai, Boston Manor
R1: Marshmello, Grimes, Neck Deep, Creeper
Da: Kaytranada // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Fickle Friends // 1xtra: Ski Mask the Slump God

these two are banging - great runs for me on all days. Not sure Billie would need to co, i mean like thats fine but I think Travis can easily headline solo. Friday then two rock days, may be better to have billie with greenday perhaps. Also ATL and WA (above giggs too?) as subs really? The saturday seems completely stacked vs the other days.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, gfa said:

these two are banging - great runs for me on all days. Not sure Billie would need to co, i mean like thats fine but I think Travis can easily headline solo. Friday then two rock days, may be better to have billie with greenday perhaps. Also ATL and WA (above giggs too?) as subs really? The saturday seems completely stacked vs the other days.

Travis won't be co-headlining with Billie....she won't be co-headlining.

Liam Gallagher won't be co-headlining with Foals, he's huge, like a different level. Provided his new material goes well I'd think Reading would be silly to let it slip through as an exclusive booking, although they would probably have to offer enough to stop him doing a big outside Manchester date or two and he sold London well last time.

They may not but possible hunch if they extend their touring enough that Reading may grab Guns N Roses. They have tour date up until October this year with obviously a break as Slash is with his band bit from September/Oct they are back on the road. Stormzy, Guns and Liam would be a fairly big set of headliners and Stormzy more so would come in at a price to be able to book and balance. Liam wouldn't be mega if it's his 1st chance at topping a major festival.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Travis won't be co-headlining with Billie....she won't be co-headlining.

Liam Gallagher won't be co-headlining with Foals, he's huge, like a different level. Provided his new material goes well I'd think Reading would be silly to let it slip through as an exclusive booking, although they would probably have to offer enough to stop him doing a big outside Manchester date or two and he sold London well last time.

They may not but possible hunch if they extend their touring enough that Reading may grab Guns N Roses. They have tour date up until October this year with obviously a break as Slash is with his band bit from September/Oct they are back on the road. Stormzy, Guns and Liam would be a fairly big set of headliners and Stormzy more so would come in at a price to be able to book and balance. Liam wouldn't be mega if it's his 1st chance at topping a major festival.

Liam already headlined his 1st major fest which was trnsmt in 2018.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Given how easy he has been to book in the last couple of years, he’s not turning his nose up at coheadlining R+L. Remember he’s subbing Glastonbury this year. And the new album isn’t gonna penetrate any new markets that As You Were didn’t so I don’t see a need to factor that into future placings.

4 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

stormzy guns and liam would be shite

To be honest if I didn't have the opportunity to see Liam this year I'd be interested in two of the days, I think Liam subbing is a big booking for Glasto, not because I think he'd headline it but he headlines anything else. You basically have a headliner at his own big outdoor show subbing and that's rare.

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But Slipknot would do a crowd heavily made up of hip Hop, dance and rap fans?

Liam at least has a plethora of songs that are well known to a mainstream field and has indie rock roots.

But if Slipknot were to headline, it wouldn't be a crowd heavily made up of hip hop and dance fans? Much like the Foo Fighters day this year will have a way larger amount of "rock" fans rap and dance.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:31 PM, dentalplan said:

Given how easy he has been to book in the last couple of years, he’s not turning his nose up at coheadlining R+L. Remember he’s subbing Glastonbury this year. And the new album isn’t gonna penetrate any new markets that As You Were didn’t so I don’t see a need to factor that into future placings.

Its not like people even really care about that, at Reading especially with a young crowd its mainly just to see the Oasis songs.

Also cannot see an act like Slipknot or GnR at Reading next year - I think Foos are the limit really as even if GnR can sell their own day out easily, they have to sell weekend tickets more importantly and they obviously won't be much of an attraction to most people going.

Edited by gfa

31 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

are slipknot even big enough to headline it anymore?

More so then ever yes. 

I don’t see any point in them doing so though. Slipknot fans generally don’t go to R&L, R&L goers generally don’t like Slipknot, so have them do their own thing where they select the undercard. Like they’re taking bands like Gojira and Behemoth out on tour, whereas R&L would prob have All Time Low and the like for their day. Not in anyone’s interest, really.

Edited by Steve1000

15 hours ago, TheWaters said:

But if Slipknot were to headline, it wouldn't be a crowd heavily made up of hip hop and dance fans? Much like the Foo Fighters day this year will have a way larger amount of "rock" fans rap and dance.

No but a Foos crowd likes indie rock, Slipknot will cut the difference a lot. I'm not saying there is no crossover but there is definitively more roots for Foos there. Reading aren't going to book and top 4/5 that Download would for Reading and like last year's Pendulum day got me back, that Slipknot day would struggle even at £70 to go right to Leeds as I've got about 2 bands.

• Upvote 1

Saw Foals at Vic Warehouse last night. Easily the best gig I've ever been to. New stuff sounds quality live which is what my main worry was and their old stuff was gold as always. Venue was great, crowd was great, just an all round great night. Even got to give Yannis the sweatiest hug he's ever had when he came down for two steps, twice. 

Dunno what level they're at now and I guess we can judge properly after the next album in September but hopefully they're a shoe in for at least a co-headline in August 2020 because they'd smash it.

23 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Saw Foals at Vic Warehouse last night. Easily the best gig I've ever been to. New stuff sounds quality live which is what my main worry was and their old stuff was gold as always. Venue was great, crowd was great, just an all round great night. Even got to give Yannis the sweatiest hug he's ever had when he came down for two steps, twice. 

Dunno what level they're at now and I guess we can judge properly after the next album in September but hopefully they're a shoe in for at least a co-headline in August 2020 because they'd smash it.

Really looking forward to seeing them on Saturday at Digbeth Arena, even if it continues to chuck it down for an outdoor gig...

Surely in with a shout for 2020 following 2 albums (especially if the next is as good as Pt. 1)

If they were to co-headline who could they do it with, Tame Impala? Bring Me The Horizon?