The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

On 6/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, thewayiam said:

No but a Foos crowd likes indie rock, Slipknot will cut the difference a lot. I'm not saying there is no crossover but there is definitively more roots for Foos there. Reading aren't going to book and top 4/5 that Download would for Reading and like last year's Pendulum day got me back, that Slipknot day would struggle even at £70 to go right to Leeds as I've got about 2 bands.

I actually wouldn't be as surprised to see Slipknot headline after Foos did this year and how well that went down. - Remember the Metallica day being very busy in 2015 too. Would be interesting to see who else headlined with them. Imagine having Drake and Slipknot headline the same year for example, be a strange crowd that camp - they could easily pull a hip hop act for R1 stage on the Slipknot night though.

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

I actually wouldn't be as surprised to see Slipknot headline after Foos did this year and how well that went down. - Remember the Metallica day being very busy in 2015 too. Would be interesting to see who else headlined with them. Imagine having Drake and Slipknot headline the same year for example, be a strange crowd that camp - they could easily pull a hip hop act for R1 stage on the Slipknot night though.

Foos have headlined a lot and Slipknot haven't got close, they also won't take a sub spot because they'd never get it at Download and no need to.

Metallica are huge though, on a different level completely to Slipknot and Royal Blood and BMTH probably at close to their peak was good support for them. I'd personally consider it if they Slipknot over Foos for that day, intact I'd prefer it this year but I can't see that being booked as Foos is a far bigger ticket seller...It's a stadium band vs arena band in the UK at least.

43 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Foos have headlined a lot and Slipknot haven't got close, they also won't take a sub spot because they'd never get it at Download and no need to.

Metallica are huge though, on a different level completely to Slipknot and Royal Blood and BMTH probably at close to their peak was good support for them. I'd personally consider it if they Slipknot over Foos for that day, intact I'd prefer it this year but I can't see that being booked as Foos is a far bigger ticket seller...It's a stadium band vs arena band in the UK at least.

Very true, obviously both Metallica and Foos are both bigger having headlined Glasto and tour stadiums. I was thinking more if the 'big' booking was someone like Drake and they kept the rock day to appeal to a wider audience?

Might just be wishful thinking, but would be interesting to see how people reacted to Slipknot being announced

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Very true, obviously both Metallica and Foos are both bigger having headlined Glasto and tour stadiums. I was thinking more if the 'big' booking was someone like Drake and they kept the rock day to appeal to a wider audience?

Might just be wishful thinking, but would be interesting to see how people reacted to Slipknot being announced

At £66 with fees like they brought it down to a few years back I could see people doing it but back to what it's at now I can't. I would be tempted but I'm not the majority of a Reading attendee these days.

1 minute ago, Alex Winstone said:

Could a Slipknot day looks like this? Or would it have to be heavy?

Slipknot// BMTH //Pendulum// Architects// Denzel Curry// Papa Roach// Ghostemane// State Champs// Basement// Black Peaks

Yeah it could but not at Reading and Download would expect it heavier hence it is this year. Pendulum would also have to go a slot higher I think. 

8 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Really looking forward to seeing them on Saturday at Digbeth Arena, even if it continues to chuck it down for an outdoor gig...

Surely in with a shout for 2020 following 2 albums (especially if the next is as good as Pt. 1)

If they were to co-headline who could they do it with, Tame Impala? Bring Me The Horizon?

Never got to see them in a venue but it was worth the wait, definitely the best gig i've been to.

I'd say so, they smashed their 2016 slot so even if their stock hasn't necessarily risen they deserve at least that spot again simply for their live performances.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:13 PM, MIchael_scarn said:

Never got to see them in a venue but it was worth the wait, definitely the best gig i've been to.

I'd say so, they smashed their 2016 slot so even if their stock hasn't necessarily risen they deserve at least that spot again simply for their live performances.

Very impressed with them, great performance. New track sounding great too, looking forward to part 2 of ENSWBL

16 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Very impressed with them, great performance. New track sounding great too, looking forward to part 2 of ENSWBL

They ran over so didn't have time to play black bull in Manchester. I'm impressed by the videos I've seen though, I just can't dislike any of their music.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

They ran over so didn't have time to play black bull in Manchester. I'm impressed by the videos I've seen though, I just can't dislike any of their music.

Sounding heavier, as promised by Yannis. - would love to see them perform a 20+ song setlist. Deffo have the back catalogue once the new albums out 

Gonna be way off but hey ho. Die Antwoord need a sub slot at R&L because they smashed Download. 

Foals / Two Door Cinema Club / Wolf Alice / All Time Low 

J Hus 

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Nothing But Thieves / Kaiser Chiefs 

Vampire Weekend 

Queens Of The Stone Age / Die Antwoord / Tyler, The Creator / Neck Deep 

Marshmello  

Edited by Andre91

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Gonna be way off but hey ho. Die Antwoord need a sub slot at R&L because they smashed Download. 

Foals / Two Door Cinema Club / Wolf Alice / All Time Low 

J Hus 

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Nothing But Thieves / Kaiser Chiefs 

Vampire Weekend 

Queens Of The Stone Age / Die Antwoord / Tyler, The Creator / Neck Deep 

Marshmello  

At first I thought this was horrible, but then i do think Foals would put on a great full headline slot, plus Wolf Alice is nice 3rd down.

Guess we'll see how Stormzy does on the pyramid stage very soon

That Sunday is amazing for me, love every main stage act.

Also agree, Die Antwoord would smash it

Is Tyler the same size as The Wombats, Blossoms and Frank Carter over here?

Edited by jamieaslee

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

And you've still put them to sub and act not at that level?

Yeah, because I think that Foals are perceived as the bigger band. They’ve already co-headlined. I think there is an argument for Foals and TDCC co-headlining. 

Not the same at all but Royal Blood are subbing this year and look at the size of their last arena tour. 

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

At first I thought this was horrible, but then i do think Foals would put on a great full headline slot, plus Wolf Alice is nice 3rd down.

Guess we'll see how Stormzy does on the pyramid stage very soon

That Sunday is amazing for me, love every main stage act.

Also agree, Die Antwoord would smash it

Is Tyler the same size as The Wombats, Blossoms and Frank Carter over here?

I still can’t belive that I put Kaiser Chiefs in a prediction but they’ve been giving shite like The Kooks and Wombats massive slots. Kaiser’s tour is huge but I don’t think that R&L would put them any higher than fourth. 

Tyler sold out three night at Brixton in minutes. I think the rarity of him also makes him likely for a big slot. 

Edited by Andre91

49 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I still can’t belive that I put Kaiser Chiefs in a prediction but they’ve been giving shite like The Kooks and Wombats massive slots. Kaiser’s tour is huge but I don’t think that R&L would put them any higher than fourth. 

Tyler sold out three night at Brixton in minutes. I think the rarity of him also makes him likely for a big slot. 

I just skimmed over Kaiser due to the disappointment in knowing it's probably likely.

Was suggesting Tyler is bigger than the bands in at 3rd down this year tbh, but like you say may just be down to the UK ban

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, because I think that Foals are perceived as the bigger band. They’ve already co-headlined. I think there is an argument for Foals and TDCC co-headlining. 

Not the same at all but Royal Blood are subbing this year and look at the size of their last arena tour. 

I agree about Royal Blood, it's a good sub booking but they've been away for a bit and I don't believe their 2nd album quite hit it where they needed or this return would be a headline show.

For 2020

Fri Leeds, Sun ReadingMain: The Black Keys/The Strokes (co-head)// Tyler, the creator// Glass Animals// Sigrid// Young Thug// Tom Walker// Queen Zee

R1: Mark Ronson// Savages // The S.L.P// Freya  Ridings

Dance: MK (Live) FR: Passenger Pit: Dinosaur Pile-Up, 1Xtra: Little Simz

Fri Reading, Sat Leeds

Main: Kanye West//The National// Wolf Alice// Mabel// Slaves// Gerry Cinnamon// Not3s// Slowthai 

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club// Metronomy// Lil Nas X// Mahalia

Dance: Fisher FR: (Sandy) Alex G LU: Creeper (reunion) 1Xtra: Young T & Bugsey

Sun Leeds, Sat Reading

Main: Vampire Weekend/Liam Gallagher (co-head)//Courteeners//Boy Better Know//Everything Everything//Sam Fender//Sean Paul// Yonaka

R1: St. Vincent// Octavian// CamelPhat//Bugzy Malone 

Dance: Becky Hill FR: Jake Bugg Pit: Gojira 1Xtra: Steel Bangels

Edited by manchestermusicreview

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

For 2020

Fri Leeds, Sun ReadingMain: The Black Keys/The Strokes (co-head)// Tyler, the creator// Glass Animals// Sigrid// Young Thug// Tom Walker// Queen Zee

R1: Mark Ronson// Savages // The S.L.P// Freya  Ridings

Dance: MK (Live) FR: Passenger Pit: Dinosaur Pile-Up, 1Xtra: Little Simz

Fri Reading, Sat Leeds

Main: Kanye West//The National// Wolf Alice// Mabel// Slaves// Gerry Cinnamon// Not3s// Slowthai 

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club// Metronomy// Lil Nas X// Mahalia

Dance: Fisher FR: (Sandy) Alex G LU: Creeper (reunion) 1Xtra: Young T & Bugsey

Sun Leeds, Sat Reading

Main: Vampire Weekend/Liam Gallagher (co-head)//Courteeners//Boy Better Know//Everything Everything//Sam Fender//Sean Paul// Yonaka

R1: St. Vincent// Octavian// CamelPhat//Bugzy Malone 

Dance: Becky Hill FR: Jake Bugg Pit: Gojira 1Xtra: Steel Bangels

Surely there is no chance in hell that Vampire Weekend or Black Keys are headlining..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Surely there is no chance in hell that Vampire Weekend or Black Keys are headlining..

I feel like they should. R/L needs to make these new headliners, and they’re a lot better than CATB. Plus, co-head w/ the Strokes and Liam makes more attractive, as does undercard. 

59 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

I feel like they should. R/L needs to make these new headliners, and they’re a lot better than CATB. Plus, co-head w/ the Strokes and Liam makes more attractive, as does undercard. 

They'll make new headliners out of someone else instead. Your lineup makes more sense with them just as subs to the act they're coheadlining with - but then you still have the problem of St. Vincent and The National taking up major slots, and Vampire Weekend being above Courteeners and Boy Better Know.