Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Haha, yeah I'd thought they'd be more established acts (like Soundgarden but not Soundgarden) so will get decent length sets rather than a shitty half hour or something.

PJ might even start at half 6 if they do the half hour acoustic thing

Yeah I thought about that but couldn't bring myself to add a third edit.

If there isn't an acoustic thing I'd guess it'd be either three half hour support slots or two longer ones if it's more established bands (or one short, one long). Basically I have no idea and wish I had £75 to spend on a gig.

Only 'possibly'? That's a dream lineup right there. :P Though I can't see Soundgarden supporting, nor Mudhoney if they're not in Europe.

Possibly only due to the pain of getting to Milton Keynes and back haha. But I agree, dream lineup for me although it won't happen unfortunately

MK won't have the acoustic thingy. Leeds does cos it's 'an evening with' and Eddie wants to look at us Northerners more. MK can have The Vaccines or whatever instead...

Their festival sets at RW and Open'er won't be three hours will they?

Do you mean because they won't want to play 3 hours at a festival or because the festival won't give them a 3 hour slot? Green Day played 2 hours 20 minutes at Werchter this year so hopefully PJ will get at least that.

Do you mean because they won't want to play 3 hours at a festival or because the festival won't give them a 3 hour slot? Green Day played 2 hours 20 minutes at Werchter this year so hopefully PJ will get at least that.

Dunno. Either I guess. Just I watched their live stream at a festival early this year and it probably wasn't even two hours. Just wondering if anyone knew, as the setlist lengths seem to vary - they did 20 and 21 songs at RW 2010 and 2012 and I imagine that's two hours max.

There should be another Leeds date added. Supposed to be 15 in the whole tour & I think only 12 were announced.

I just saw that Andy Copping responded to a tweet on Friday asking about the possibilities of a second Leeds show and he said it's not happening.

If I had (a lot) more money I'd probably be buying a ticket to MK as well. They're gonna be completely different experiences... Ah well, Leeds should be better anyway. :P

Will MK sell out? I don't really know how big Pearl Jam are in terms of being able to sell out 65,000 tickets in a hard to get to place... Hyde Park is different in the fact that it's in a central location in london + it was cheaper...

The only reason I'm holding off on getting a ticket is because I haven't been paid yet (this Friday though... ;) ).

Are the gigs being done through live nation then dentalplan? Why would Copping know anything about it? Seems to me there'll probably be a second leeds date...

Will MK sell out? I don't really know how big Pearl Jam are in terms of being able to sell out 65,000 tickets in a hard to get to place... Hyde Park is different in the fact that it's in a central location in london + it was cheaper...

The only reason I'm holding off on getting a ticket is because I haven't been paid yet (this Friday though... ;) ).

Are the gigs being done through live nation then dentalplan? Why would Copping know anything about it? Seems to me there'll probably be a second leeds date...

There's that long to go until the shows that I'd be surprised if they didn't, even if they had to chop prices later on or whatever.

Yes they're being done by Live Nation. Copping would probably know, however he did only say that there wouldn't be a second Leeds show.

They might add another MK date after it sells out.

There are supposed to be 15 dates- as far as I know only twelve have been announced (original 11 + 1 extra at Amsterdam)

where did you hear about there being 15 dates Matt? I can't seem to find anything else saying this...

Yeah but I still doubt it. They won't do another at MK - that'd be pretty ambitious.

I agree with Dentalplan on this one. I doubt the demand is there for them tbh. I know of literally none of my mates who are even remotely interested in going :(

where did you hear about there being 15 dates Matt? I can't seem to find anything else saying this...

I agree with Dentalplan on this one. I doubt the demand is there for them tbh. I know of literally none of my mates who are even remotely interested in going :(

Its what I was told be the announcement. I posted it along with a load of info, which as far as I'm aware was all correct.

I don't know if its going to be another UK date, I'm just speculating.

In the feast of festive tunes today, my Nan asked me to put Shakin' Stevens on. I put this on and feigned ignorance.

#efestivalsknowsbetter

Excellent response. Christmas Unicorn is the only festive tune anyone ever needs, although Sufjan has done nearly 5 hours of them....

• 4 weeks later...