Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Did you get tickets for the Leeds PJ show Lightning?

Managed to get one seated ticket in block 220 so going on my own. To be honest there's not a bad seat in the first 2 tiers at that venue so quite happy. 90% of standing went to ten club members I.e only 100 standing tickets were put on general sale. If anyone wants to meet up before hand that's cool with me :)

Managed to get one seated ticket in block 220 so going on my own. To be honest there's not a bad seat in the first 2 tiers at that venue so quite happy. 90% of standing went to ten club members I.e only 100 standing tickets were put on general sale. If anyone wants to meet up before hand that's cool with me :)

Yeah the seating looks great in the new arena to be fair. My mate managed to get standing tickets about an hour ago from the official FDA website or the site partnered with it or something which I'm over the moon about, apparently they've been fluctuating all morning with tickets of all categories added and going quickly after if you wanna check it out. I will practically be rushing from my mate's work so I doubt I'd be able to take you up on that but it's ages away and he could fairly easily get sacked so who knows. :P I hope the support act is fairly missable.

I'd say at war with the mystics is their most accessible album. The soft bulletin and yoshimi both have really accessible songs but also some really fucked up ones. My favorite lips albums are transmissions from a satellite heart and embryonic. Although I wouldn't recommend those as starters

At War with the Mystics is a bit crap though. Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi are MOSTLY accessible stuff, and the fucked up ones blend really well into the albums, which work well as full concepts. AWWTM has a few singles which get boring quickly, a few crap tracks and a couple of interesting ones.

Agree Embryonic is fantastic. I really like Zaireeka as well even though it's a pain to listen to.

Zaireeka as a right pain in the ass. Only ever listened to it twice so can't really make a proper judgment on it. And I agree at war with the mystics isn't that great but its still easily their most accessible album.

I also really like clouds taste metallic but that might just be because it was the album that got me into them.

Zaireeka as a right pain in the ass. Only ever listened to it twice so can't really make a proper judgment on it. And I agree at war with the mystics isn't that great but its still easily their most accessible album.

I also really like clouds taste metallic but that might just be because it was the album that got me into them.

If you use Winamp, you can open multiple instances of it simultaneously on the same computer. That's how I do it most of the time. First 3 listens I did it the proper way though, get mates over and use crappy speaker systems for each CD.

AWWTM is the only one I don't particularly like. Clouds Taste Metallic is pretty good, but I think Transmissions is the best of their older stuff.

Edited by kaosmark2

Yeah I noticed that 'Evening with Pearl Jam' just before I bought tickets but didn't think anything of it. 3h30m is fine by me! Can't wait, any of you guys seen them before?

Leeds will be my 6th time seeing them. Only time they weren't amazing, just good was Leeds fest 06. Both nights at Manchester on the last tour were epic. Better set list first night, better crowd and performance second night.

Leeds will be my 6th time seeing them. Only time they weren't amazing, just good was Leeds fest 06. Both nights at Manchester on the last tour were epic. Better set list first night, better crowd and performance second night.

Nice one man, I was gonna see them in Manchester last year and at Hyde Park a few years back but things got in the way for both of them so I'm extremely happy I finally get to see them, and it's an even bigger bonus that it's only 20 minutes away from where I live. Yeah I watched the Reading performance on Youtube from that year and they looked good but not amazing unlike other performance's I've seen.