absolute corker of a festival. gutted to have missed peter hook but otherwise i was pretty clash free (already resigned myself to missing bonobo)

bollywood is like mini beat hotel and i fucking love it

edit: just seen that the time i had for deers was wrong and i missed that. ah well

Edited by Tuna

I think it was better than Glastonbury this year. It was an amazing few days, met some nice people (& LondonTom), weather was perfect, alcohol was flowing, easy going getting to bands/DJs/stages, some decent comedians (James Loveridge) & I even liked Beck (covered Billy Jean)!

Totally agree with the sentiment that it was better than Glastonbury this year, as does the rest of my group.

I think the weather certainly helped and the fancy dress aspect creates such an amazing atmosphere.

Loved all three headliners and Bizzle was indeed amazing fun.

This was my first ever Bestival and I absolutely loved it! I am a Glastonbury die hard, but it was nice to change things up a little this summer.

I have really enjoyed reading people's views above and thought I would add my own experiences:

Plus Points

- Basement Jaxx blew me away! That turned into a serious rave in that big top tent!

- Saw the Cuban Brothers for the first time and the main guy made me snort cider out of my nose when he was insulting the guy in the tweed jacket on the stage at the start "Why don't you get back on your penny farthing and get the fuck off my stage you victorian motherfucker!...."

- Lineup was truly brilliant considering that it is not the biggest festival site!

- I loved the fact that you could wander the short distance to see big name acts, and there were very rarely big crushes in the crowd.

- Really friendly crowd! So many people willing to stand and have a chat, help us build a human pyramid, sharing smokes etc.

-Disco Ball! Awesome!

-Beans on Toast getting the crowd to dance and cluck like chickens.

-Security Guard who found my Sprite bottle full of gin during a Sunday search and asked me if I wanted to keep it. What a brilliant human being!

Negative Points

-Tent thefts were the worst I have ever seen at a festival. Friday night; they hit all the tents around us when we were asleep; including stepping over sleeping people to reach cash above their heads. Real, silent professionals!! Didn't get any of our cash- but had clearly had a good route around us. I felt I had to set burglar traps like Kevin Macallister to protect my sleeping wife the following night. Could be time for a couple of security towers maybe?

-Expensive to get there. I was lucky enough to have complimentary tickets, but the ferry seemed pretty steep at £180 a car? It would probably be the only thing that put me off in the future.

- The comparisons to Glastonbury? If I am being honest, I didn't think Bestival was anything like Glastonbury at all! The hands on stuff, interactive areas and stage designs are nowhere near the detail and quality of Glasto unfortunately.

All in all, what an incredible little festival! I want to be back there so much!!

They were sublime!

Can't believe it was their last set together. Amazing set that I watched with LondonTom.

Sigma & Loadstar were the best DJs I can think of on the top of my head. Maybe Andy C & Wilkinson too. Skindred were brilliant too.

Loved the fact that it was sunny enough to sit anywhere on the ground & just chill for a bit inbetween bands.

Some of the comedians weren't on long enough in the Spielgiel (?) tent but James Loveridge & compere Damian Clark were brilliant.

I love the new Beck stuff but have to agree it killed the excellent mood he had going on. Didn't even play Heart is a Drum despite the airtime, annoying I'm sure to a lot of fairweather/new fans. Despite the acoustic mid-section I thought his set was largely on point.

Although initally I didnt think the lineup was as strong as say 2011 the quality of the music was brilliant and the only exception for me would be Outkast who seemed a bit limp

Darkside were fantastic, one of the best live performances I have seen in a long time

Also enjoyed Indiana, MØ, Caribou (although a tad drunk), Sohn, Disclosure, Beck, Chvrches plus some more of the pop stuff that my gf dragged me along to which turned out to be surprisingly fun

Overall a very good Bestival for me and cant see me not going again next year (although it still will be lineup dependant)

Only gripe would be the security, seemed way more ott this year. Nobody seems to have mentioned that yet but i can remember last year openly walking through with a guardian bag full the brim with beers on multiple occasions. Not so easy this time around, the Thursday was especially bad with people having the queue to get past as each person was checked and patted down

I saw every single person being patted down and having everything checked, bags, coats, purses, bum bags etc for both entrances.

Certainly not the walk through im used to, the queues were quite big to get between reggae roots and the rest on thursday because of it

It did ease a bit the rest of the weekend but certainly not the same as previous years. Bizarre if im the only one to notice

Was stricter than I thought they would be given what everyone said, infact I'd say they was about the same as when I went Reading. Pretty easy to sneak spirits in as long you didn't take the bottle out as soon as you got past (Did see a couple of the security stuffy blokes behinds as they walked past :P).

Managed to get a couple of cans in on occasion even after a frisk of my bag, one asked me what that was and I said its my sunglasses case and he just waved me through :P Seemed to depend what time you went/the security on the gate at the time.

Odd the fireworks seemed more to the left of the Disco Ball at the time!

Was still great finale I think!

I was behind the sound desk thing to the left so the big trees where in the way. Had to stand by the toilets because there was a big gap in the trees where you could watch them haha.