• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Anyone still wondering about Day/Weekend tickets:

Melvin Benn, Managing Director of Festival Republic, explains:

"Having spent some time reviewing the ticket price and talking to people about it I felt that where we had got to with the day price was too high and once I really examined it decided to go the whole hog and reduce it to £59.50. However, anyone thinking it’s a way to get the weekend with camping cheaper will be disappointed. It will not give access to the campsite as I'm creating new entrances for day ticket holders. It’s still great though for those that don't want to camp."

I would do but I'm not too sure if she reads the forums or not and she is still a friend of mine so I'll give you a jist of it. Said I'd pay for the service charge and then she takes it that I'm paying for the full ticket and I feel bad asking because she is still a mate of mine (there are a few more details but I'll not bore you with them and to protect my identity)

Jeez, what's with all the anonymity at the moment? Genuinely, what's going to happen if someone knows your real name? I'm baffled...

Anyone still wondering about Day/Weekend tickets:

Melvin Benn, Managing Director of Festival Republic, explains:

"Having spent some time reviewing the ticket price and talking to people about it I felt that where we had got to with the day price was too high and once I really examined it decided to go the whole hog and reduce it to £59.50. However, anyone thinking its a way to get the weekend with camping cheaper will be disappointed. It will not give access to the campsite as I'm creating new entrances for day ticket holders. Its still great though for those that don't want to camp."

I guessed they must be doing something to make the entrances separate, in the past it was dead easy to wander into the campsite on a day ticket so reducing them that much needed a change to that.

Same really not feeling the mumford vibe, bring me would be increble in a tent but perosnally i cant see it happening. One can wish!!

Mumford can only really suck the energy and life out of a festival had they headline on a big open air stage IMO. Didn't attempt seeing them at Glasto as, who would see them on a huge Pyramid built for proper big productions for rock? (and a more than capable XX on the Other Stage). Acoustic pop doesn't for me fill a MainStage at a festival like a rock/dance/indie band can do. Yes they're one of the biggest bands to have been given to us in this decade but I massively see flaws in seeing them in a huge open air stage. Having seen them at Reading 2010 in the NME tent (which was a sublime festival set), I think that their rise to popularity has impaired the experience of seeing them on a stage that their tinky-tonky guitar massively fails to fill.

EDIT: Despite this the mighty Metallica can turn things all around on the night of their performance can't they!

Edited by willutalk

Mumford can only really suck the energy and life out of a festival had they headline on a big open air stage IMO. Didn't attempt seeing them at Glasto as, who would see them on a huge Pyramid built for proper big productions for rock? (and a more than capable XX on the Other Stage). Acoustic pop doesn't for me fill a MainStage at a festival like a rock/dance/indie band can do. Yes they're one of the biggest bands to have been given to us in this decade but I massively see flaws in seeing them in a huge open air stage. Having seen them at Reading 2010 in the NME tent (which was a sublime festival set), I think that their rise to popularity has impaired the experience of seeing them on a stage that their tinky-tonky guitar massively fails to fill.

EDIT: Despite this the mighty Metallica can turn things all around on the night of their performance can't they!

I shared the same concerns, but they do seem to put on a decent show live from what I've seen on youtube. Hardly an ideal headliner though.