Day Splits announced next week

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioned this on the official forums, do we think that Bestival could sell 80,000 tickets? They'd have to book a lot more big, mainstream acts to shift an extra 30,000 tickets. Interesting to see how they would expand the site.

Hooray! A post from Dave The Hedgehog slagging off Bestival! It's been a while.

You went to Glasto and had an amazing time, enthralling stuff! Everyone does (having said that, you just wait for a 97,98 or 07!). I first went to Glasto in 1992 and have been to every one since and would pretty much level ever criticism you have RDB's shindig at the Eavi and their behemoth. It may take 20 years but you'll become jaded of Glasto eventually and realise that, for all its faults, that Bestival aint so bad.

But you are cynical before your years and experience, and for that I tip my hat to you. Cynically.

"Our new festival license for 79,999 people is in place to cope with the demands of our huge creative and site build teams, as well as the vast number of artists and crews that perform at the festival. We are still only selling 55,000 tickets for festival-goers. No other shows of this size have so many stages and artists, so the capacity increase allows us to keep growing the entertainment at the festival year on year while keeping the festival's boutique ethos." Bestival Directors