Nick Cave

Midnight Man

43 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't know. If you read the latest book, it's pretty clear to me that his work with Warren is way more exciting to him than making a more traditional Bad Seeds record. Also no Mick now, so Warren is the main collaborator.

Not a bad thing in my eyes as PTSA and ST are two of my favourite things they've ever done. I love Ghosteen too, but connected it with it a lot slower. Carnage did and still does blow me away and I'd love to see more stuff like that.

Whatever they do next, it will be interesting.

Skeleton Tree is one of the greatest albums of all time. Everything they’ve done in the last 15 years or so has been incredible. One of the few artists to truly get better with age 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2023 at 10:16 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't know. If you read the latest book, it's pretty clear to me that his work with Warren is way more exciting to him than making a more traditional Bad Seeds record. Also no Mick now, so Warren is the main collaborator.

Not a bad thing in my eyes as PTSA and ST are two of my favourite things they've ever done. I love Ghosteen too, but connected it with it a lot slower. Carnage did and still does blow me away and I'd love to see more stuff like that.

Whatever they do next, it will be interesting.

Skeleton Tree might be my album of the twenty-first century. Flawless stuff for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I can't work out what the first bit sounds like. Dylan? I'm not sure I'm keen on that bit that much yet, but I'm disliking it less with repeated listens. I like the breakdown about 90 seconds in. Then it gets to about 3:15 and it's definitely good.

16 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

This guy speaks the truth

My story about this is that I met Nick Cave and he told me that the Bad Seeds and in particular Warren Ellis hate the record Dig Lazarus Dig!!! Which is why they never play the songs from it live. Nick Cave thinks it's a shame as he agrees with me that "it's a f**king great record. And, pretty funny."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

My story about this is that I met Nick Cave and he told me that the Bad Seeds and in particular Warren Ellis hate the record Dig Lazarus Dig!!! Which is why they never play the songs from it live. Nick Cave thinks it's a shame as he agrees with me that "it's a f**king great record. And, pretty funny."

It's bloody great.