Football 2013-2014

Guest kaosmark2

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true!

I still can't see Kone as a great buy though. What we need is another pacy striker who can play around Cisse. A front 3 of Gouffran-Cisse-whoever, with HBA playing as another option, or possibly as a CAM in 4-3-3. Aubemayang looked perfect but he's definitely out of our league with the clubs going in. Bony would be good but I'm not sure we'll compete wage-wise with everyone else interested. I'd far rather sign 1 good striker than 2 mediocre ones, particularly with the hype around Adam Campbell who'll potentially break through.

In other news, Suarez -> Arsenal bets? Surely that can't be serious? Possibly Arsenal making noises to say to Madrid if they won't sell Higuain quickly they'll sign the player they're after, but wages/attitude/noises about leaving the country all make it seem impossible to me. I can't see them getting 2 big name strikers in, surely after they've got one the next priorities are DM and goalie?

Anelka to WBA. Be interesting to see how he does there, I'd figured he was past it but I thought that before he went to Bolton.

Redmond to Norwich. Another good signing by Hughton, he looked threatening for Birmingham during their Europa games a couple of years ago, we were vaguely linked with him which I would have been happy with. Norwich look to be steadily building an exciting team. Why did he get sacked at our place again?

Chelsea agreed a fee for Van Ginkel. I don't really follow the Dutch league but Dutch young player of the year is definitely an accolade. How many offensive mids do they need though? Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Ramires, Moses, De Bruyne? They've got this Lucas Piazon guy coming through who's supposedly great as well. Surely one good defensive mid would be a better buy than trying to get every exciting young creator on the planey?

I see Kone as a safe bet in terms of a squad player. I can see why a side who contended for champions league just over a year ago would not want him, but theres probably no reason why a side who were in a relegation battle last season couldn't benefit from him. Im really not sure who are the true Newcastle, suspect we will have a better idea in a year.

If Anelka goes to WBA I think he could be a pretty solid squad player, I have read that reports regarding his attitude have been significantly exaggerated. As for Redmond I have heard a lot about him but not seen him much. Im always a bit skeptical when the next big thing from the championship makes the step up as many end up being like connor wickham. I suspect he will benefit much more being at Norwich where he may play, rather than playing carling cup for a better team.

I see Kone as a safe bet in terms of a squad player. I can see why a side who contended for champions league just over a year ago would not want him, but theres probably no reason why a side who were in a relegation battle last season couldn't benefit from him. Im really not sure who are the true Newcastle, suspect we will have a better idea in a year.

If Anelka goes to WBA I think he could be a pretty solid squad player, I have read that reports regarding his attitude have been significantly exaggerated. As for Redmond I have heard a lot about him but not seen him much. Im always a bit skeptical when the next big thing from the championship makes the step up as many end up being like connor wickham. I suspect he will benefit much more being at Norwich where he may play, rather than playing carling cup for a better team.

Heard the interview last night on talksport with one of the main scouts from posh(he was talking to Durham) . The premise of his argument was basically all PL clubs were mad as they all missed this 6Million pound bargain and they should shop in The lower leagues as it was value for money. He also stated that this guy would be playing for England in the WC next year in Brazil. It was possibly the most deluded thing I've ever heard.

All the reliable Palace sources I know seem to think the fee for Gayle was more like £4.5million plus add-ons (not that it makes much difference).

Also, Adrian Durham is a total class-A w*nker so don't listen to anything he says, what with his #NoMorePensForPalace campaign, hahaha I'm so glad we sent them down!

Well it happened. Benteke's off.

Got to have been tapped up, im saying Chelsea.

But glad Villa have said if the valuation isn't met and its not done before the season starts then he's going nowhere, and after what Lambert did with Bent, Ireland, Warnock and all the other high earners, he means it. And Benteke is only on 20k a week. So big sale, stay and play or rot.

Still a shame he wants to leave but if its to Chelsea I don't blame him, he has a lot of friends there and will play CL.

I think it would be a mistake to assume that Downing would be a bad transfer for a team like West Ham. I think It all depends on price, anything between 5 to 7.5 million could be a solid transfer in my opinion.

If Villa can get 25 million for Benteke on the basis of one good season in a top league then that's a pretty good deal. Although finding a 15+ a season forward on villas wage budget will be tough.

If I was an Everton fan I would be a little concerned about Martinez tactic to take them to the next level, which appears to be to fill the squad with a load of players who played for the team who finished 18th in the premiership last season.

If I was an Everton fan I would be a little concerned about Martinez tactic to take them to the next level, which appears to be to fill the squad with a load of players who played for the team who finished 18th in the premiership last season.