Best tactics for getting lucky in the resale?

Guest GeoHall

So after seeing the lineup myself and a few friends have decided we are going to try and get tickets in the resale.

What are the chances and what are the best tactics? We are unsure of a number yet but there may be more than five of us wanting to get a ticket.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't that get fixed that day though?

Well, there is this one DNS trick which gets you ahead in waiting line.... :) (that's how I got the tickets on sale)

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5, and keep your eye on this forum for hints and tips on the day!

THIS...and maybe a little Pilton prayer!

For a little reassurance: I've got tickets twice in resales and my internet wasn't great, just F5, lots of sweating, and a pint for the one guy that got through for about 12 of us!

Which reminds me of another tip... a couple of times - resale or general sale - one person has generally got through for everybody in the group, got the maximum tickets and PRESSED 'BACK' to get back in and get the next group of tickets :locomotive:

Best of luck!

Everyone that got through got through out of our group were using Mac's, iphones or ipads. Nobody got through using Windows. That may be a coincidence but there were far more of us using Windows than Apple devices.

Also, once the tickets go there's the opportunity of coach packages. Have a contingency plan in place, ask all your friends if they'd be prepared to go by coach. It was easy enough to get tickets for these for about half an hour after normal tickets went.

I have never got through on my Mac using a multitude of web browsers.

Only advice is get as many people on the case as possible, share reg numbers & post codes & have enough money in your bank to pay upfront for all the tickets.

Chances, nobody knows.

The DNS link was fixed - and if you set your host file to this, make sure you change it back before 21st as you'll only go through to the one server, rather than have a shot at both (http://bigdatablog.co.uk/) Also, I've always seen that any back door (hehe) routes are posted on here, but the chat rooms do tend to crash so I will be getting up EARLY and stalking these threads in plenty of time. I'm sure one year they stopped people logging into the chatrooms during the sale time unless you were already registered / logged in (I could be making this up though) get logged on here in plenty of time. And stalk Twitter too - the DNS tip was on there in October too. Is it only 4? I thought we could buy 8? Good luck everyone, I hope we all win! xx

only real tactic is know someone who works for see or the festival otherwise there is no other real way to get an advantage... the DNS trick worked because there were 2 dedicated servers just for the sale so they could handle the traffic, this time they may not have both because they haven't got as many tickets, the only way we will know is on the sale day and then it could be too little too late...

best thing to do is just get up early and be prepared