Best tactics for getting lucky in the resale?

Guest GeoHall

One thing you can do is visit glastonbury.seetickets.com in the days before and day of the sale. T

he reason is that Seetickets use a device called a Webscreen to inspect and prioritise internet traffic, each IP address is assigned a rating and one way to increase this rating is to be a known customer (previous site visitor) - this will increase your chances of getting through.

A couple of other things to try is refresh using ctrl+F5 - this forces your browser to do a complete refresh from seetickets which could help.

In theory the best chance you have of getting a session / slot to buy a ticket is when the doors open and all slots are free, so start refreshing your browser a good few minutes before the advertised sale time as it always seems to open a little early.

I agree with the tabbed browsing method abd doing lots of ctrl+F5 refreshes - doing on a couple of computers using different internet connections should also help (try creating a wifi hotspot from an Iphone and using that in addition to an ADSL one).

The speed of connection would make very little difference within reason (i.e. very slow is bad).

I work on high demand websites for a living, and short of finding a backdoor all of the above will help.

good luck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you can do is visit glastonbury.seetickets.com in the days before and day of the sale. T

he reason is that Seetickets use a device called a Webscreen to inspect and prioritise internet traffic, each IP address is assigned a rating and one way to increase this rating is to be a known customer (previous site visitor) - this will increase your chances of getting through.

A couple of other things to try is refresh using ctrl+F5 - this forces your browser to do a complete refresh from seetickets which could help.

In theory the best chance you have of getting a session / slot to buy a ticket is when the doors open and all slots are free, so start refreshing your browser a good few minutes before the advertised sale time as it always seems to open a little early.

I agree with the tabbed browsing method abd doing lots of ctrl+F5 refreshes - doing on a couple of computers using different internet connections should also help (try creating a wifi hotspot from an Iphone and using that in addition to an ADSL one).

The speed of connection would make very little difference within reason (i.e. very slow is bad).

I work on high demand websites for a living, and short of finding a backdoor all of the above will help.

good luck

Also if you dont get tix on resale day, hope is not lost. Random dribs and drabs continue to go on sale at unannounced times, due to people cancelling their ticket or resale transactions not going through correctly.

There's a nifty widget you can download that emails you when a webpage changes - so you can get a heads up if a few tickets suddenly go on sale. My friend got a ticket that way a couple of years back. Hopefully someone can tell you the name of the widget or you should be able to find it easy enough

I found if you use different IP's it helps..

Have quite a few devices all trying, connect a laptop to local wifi, connect another to a 3g hotspot enabled phone, android or iphone, and another to another phone etc

If all devices are connecting through the same router/hub they will all have the same ip.

only real tactic is know someone who works for see or the festival otherwise there is no other real way to get an advantage... the DNS trick worked because there were 2 dedicated servers just for the sale so they could handle the traffic, this time they may not have both because they haven't got as many tickets, the only way we will know is on the sale day and then it could be too little too late...

best thing to do is just get up early and be prepared

Can a mate of mine who lives ( and banks ) in Texas. Phone up on 21/4, 3am his time and buy my ticket with my registration and postcode even though he isn`t buying a ticket for himself. I realise it won`t be that simples as the international phone number will be as impossible to get through on as the UK line but in theory can this happen. Trying to think of anything to gain any advantage as I didn`t even see the main screen last time and fear the worst again.

Should this work out, would they send the ticket to my address or over to him ??

Cheers.

A tip that got me tickets in October is that should you get as far as entering in the reg details, pressing next/enter then it crashes, don't press refresh. Instead you should click the back button which should take you back to the page with all your names and reg detail entered in the fields and then press next/enter again to resend your details.

I am making this sound less simple than it is so I hope that makes sense!

Edited by coma girl

Some useful tips on this thread - thanks :sarcastic:

There are around 6 of us still needing tickets and we have got organised with details circulated etc. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any re-sale groups that have been specifically set up that I could join?

The DNS link was fixed - and if you set your host file to this, make sure you change it back before 21st as you'll only go through to the one server, rather than have a shot at both (http://bigdatablog.co.uk/) Also, I've always seen that any back door (hehe) routes are posted on here, but the chat rooms do tend to crash so I will be getting up EARLY and stalking these threads in plenty of time. I'm sure one year they stopped people logging into the chatrooms during the sale time unless you were already registered / logged in (I could be making this up though) get logged on here in plenty of time. And stalk Twitter too - the DNS tip was on there in October too. Is it only 4? I thought we could buy 8? Good luck everyone, I hope we all win! xx

Unfortunately I dont believe there is going to be an opportunity to take advantage of the "DNS Fix" that a lot of people took advantage of previously - Seetickets figured out what was going on and locked this route down relatively quickly. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they wouldnt make the same "mistake" twice

Unfortunately I dont believe there is going to be an opportunity to take advantage of the "DNS Fix" that a lot of people took advantage of previously - Seetickets figured out what was going on and locked this route down relatively quickly. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they wouldnt make the same "mistake" twice

So has anyone got any idea if the web browser you use has any bearing on getting through at all? I used Chrome the last 2 times and haven't got through in the main sale but did get through in the resale last time around. I shouldn't think this would matter but someone may know otherwise.

In more positive news, my friend has got tickets in the resale for the last 3 festivals so there is always hope

So has anyone got any idea if the web browser you use has any bearing on getting through at all? I used Chrome the last 2 times and haven't got through in the main sale but did get through in the resale last time around. I shouldn't think this would matter but someone may know otherwise.

In more positive news, my friend has got tickets in the resale for the last 3 festivals so there is always hope