Van Morrison....again

gwemyss21

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I'm not prepared to trawl through hundreds of threads.

Obviously a festival favourite, touring around the time, Emily said she would love to have him back in a 2012 guardian interview.

Possible sunday legend spot.

Would be fantastic to see him.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I'm not prepared to trawl through hundreds of threads.

Obviously a festival favourite, touring around the time, Emily said she would love to have him back in a 2012 guardian interview.

Possible sunday legend spot.

Would be fantastic to see him.

I really don't think his ego would allow him to take that slot

Saw Van at Green Man last year. He gave a very good, professional performance. Just not a lot of energy or emotion.

I still really enjoyed his performance, but I'm not sure I'd make an effort again.

Was there too. Enjoyed him a lot to. Would see him again if nothing else I fancied were on.

Van is notorious for good and bad days. When he's not on form its lacklustre at best but when he is on form he is phenomenal.

Luckily the one time I have seen him he was definitely on form - Glastonbury Abbey 2008 or 2009 (can't remember which - went both years). Absolutely loved it and assuming he is on form, I'd happily see him again.

What are the qualifiers for this so-called legends slot? And if iou can have a legend filling the legend slot and a legend playing before them in a non-legend slot, what's the fucking point?

you gotta have slots man, everything in its right place and all that. no slots and chaos ensues. how will we know what we're watching or listening to without it being in its designated slot?

"is that Wu Tang on stage?"

"nah, the hip hop slot doesn't begin until 5"

"well it looks like Wu Tang"

"but it can't be"

see how quickly problems escalate?

i have my own slot for smug middle class thirtysomething bores (outside the fence, natch).

• 3 months later...

The only thing worse than his performance last time, was his attitude to the audience. I would not cross the road to see him again.

I'd give him another chance. His latest tour has gone down a lot better and hes even said "hello" and "thank you" a few times. :O And hes not playing soft jazz versions of his songs either.

He has a run of his first 8 albums which is unmatched really. Van could headline if he got his set down and played album ish versions of his tunes. Pity hes such an arse but his stage fright has gotten worse as hes gotten older. It cripples him sometimes.

But the difference between his gig in 05 and this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D3noIx8rNU

Edited by The Nal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

What slot would he do? Can't see him headlining, but could see him possibly three down like Robert Plant did. Any thoughts?

I have him down on my prediction for the year, he seems inclined to return one year soon. My bets would be a mid pyramid slot but it could be anything from 3rd to 5th.

4th on Saturday is gonna be my guess, playing pretty much the slot Robert Plant did last year