The Vinyl Thread

The Nal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up this odd little thing today, it's a Russian pressing of Let it Bleed with a drawing instead of the original cover photo. Really strange. But it sounds absolutely superb, it's an incredible pressing, best I've ever heard. Really fucking pings out at you from the speakers. Blinding. I'm hearing things in it I've never noticedthumb_IMG_0216_1024.thumb.jpg.0fe707f221thumb_IMG_0218_1024.thumb.jpg.2bfb45263b before.

On 29 January 2016 at 5:05 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just got dummy, along with father John misty's latest, on 180g reissue. Can't wait to hear roads on wax. 

Yeah, I've got that FJM, sounds good but it plays at 45rpm, right? fucking ballache.

One for Scruffs here, I picked up the repress of 'The Holy Bible' this morning for a tenner. Sounds tremendous. Last time I heard this record was 20 years ago on cassette, yet I can still remember loads of it. Proper testament to the power of music. I wasn't sure about getting it, but so glad I did.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Mrs scruff got me the anniversary box set with that plus four cds. The vinyl does sound amazing. 

I"m jumping round the room like an absolute c**t to 'Revol' while my new wife looks on utter bewilderment.

So...

Booker T - crackles a fair bit but it sort of adds to the charm.

U2 - good, not at all bad nick for £6. Not quite sue why I don't already own it.

Fleetwood Mac - sounds really good, maybe been played a few times before at most, excellent.

ZZ Top - made up with this, the cheapest of the lot at £5 and sounds as good as new. 

I missed out on the Brudenell record fair in Leeds due to exam revision, but keep trawlng the charity shops. I'm saving up for the record washer you all posted here, to wash them down.

I got Night and Day, Joe Jackson (there were 2 copies in the shop, bizarre), a reggae carnival LP as a punt, UB40 Present Arms, Bob Dylan Bringing it all Back Home.

My mother in law was stewarding at Leeds Town Hall on Friday where John Grant played, I couldn't make it but gave her a shopping list for the last album, on coloured vinyl too. Who says mothers in law are all bad eh?