The Vinyl Thread

The Nal

North East, or South East? If you are anywhere near Letchworth, David's Music has a great selection of new and second hand vinyl.

Quite a bit away, London/Essex border. Guess I'm sure to find something when I start looking. Let's get my out deck and fixed up first, hopefully it hasn't warped, will find out tomorrow!

Edited by whisty

Just bought myself this.

Adore Monster Magnet, their last album was absolutely killer and sounds so awesome on 180gm wax. It's worth it for the artwork alone to be honest...

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/monster-magnet-milking-the-stars-a-re-imagining-of-last-patrol-psyechedelic-trip-edtion-purple-vinyl.html

Has been despatched.

Quite excited tbh...

:D

Nal, did you work your way thru all the MM stuff? :)

(Video is probably NSFW but is fab!)

http://youtu.be/2RCwgz4FiSA

I've long suspected my speakers are a bit shit, but I've just had to plug my headphones in to listen to Sharon Van Etten's Tramp LP because everybody else is sleeping. The most beautiful album of my lifetime has never sounded so beautiful, and my cans aren't that excellent in the grand scheme of things (pretty fucking good, but not brilliant). Methinks I'll be looking around for a great set of speakers to make me even more dirt poor than I already am.

Clued in headz might wanna head over to Piccadilly's site and pre-order one of the 1000 copies of Mezzanine that are about to drop.

Favourite album of all time, been wanting it on black for a while, thanks for the heads up!

• 5 weeks later...

Was sat drooling over Frances the Mute and Deloused in the Comatorium vinyl by The Mars Volta today on Ebay but unfortunately they go for at least £100 each used now, absolutely kicking myself for not realising they reissued a limited number of Deloused copies earlier this year!

Couple of beauties bought for me/bought over Chrimbo.

Led Zeppelin 2

Let It Bleed

Your Funeral, My Trial

And a couple of comps that are just about to get a spin. Great metal one, a killer rock-a-billy compilation

And maybe the best of the lot....

:unsure:

33bzqtv.jpg

And I'm praying Physical Graffiti is remastered and released this year!

Edited by The Nal

Not sure that's the best starting point, but fair enough. It does sound amazing on vinyl and in my opinion i one of his best.

Just be wry of starting down that road. You've no doubt seen what it's done to Russy!!! :sarcastic:

I know, Nick Cave seems to be have a sort of One Ring - Gollum effect!