The Vinyl Thread

The Nal

Just had a look and it's 2014 copyright so is definitely very new.

My local indy record store had that, barrett and opel and I've noticed none of them before so it wouldn't surprise me if it was very recent.

Yep just saw it there. Released in June. Let me know how it sounds? Love that album.

Edited by The Nal

Just listened to side one and it's up there with Shakey's live at the cellar door for best sounding vinyl I've bought in last 12 months.

Clear as!

If you already know you like the album, I couldn't recommend this version enough to be honest.

Damn you. Simple have to buy that Shakey record now. Wheres the best place to get it?

Advice needed.

I'll be going to the record shop next week to pick up the new Robert Plant album.

I know they have in Tom Waits' Blood Money and Alice. I can only really afford one. Which one should I get?

Dont have either on vinyl but Alice is the easier listen between the two. Blood Money is more of a pots and pans sounding album I suppose.

Edited by The Nal

R lass got it for my birthday when she was down that London. It's £25 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-The-Cellar-Door-VINYL/dp/B00DEPVNZO

but doubt it's much cheaper elsewhere. Worth it though. It almost sounds like he's sat next you. Surprised you don't already have it. Cinnamon Girl on piano, and an acoustic version of down by the river are worth the money alone.

Plus great versions of a lot of After the goldrush and See the Sky about to rain.

Yeah I have the Mp3 so can only imagine! The After the Goldrush I have is outstanding. Proper audipohile is Neiler.

Hey Nal, how did you get on with the Monster Magnet stuff? :)

I'm lining up a couple of bits to buy come payday.

Want Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34 and Steven Wilson's last solo record; The Raven Who Refused To Sing.

Anyone who's fans of trippy, mellow (ish), proggy sorta stuff I heartily recommend both.

Hey Nal, how did you get on with the Monster Magnet stuff? :)

Got everything and have only given Spine of God the spin so far. I figured start at the beginning. Really good. Love Nod Scene!

Looking forward to working through them.

Was in the Dublin store last week. Some good stuff! They lead with a lot of the hip kid bands but some beauties in the mix.

Edited by The Nal

Got everything and have only given Spine of God the spin so far. I figured start at the beginning. Really good. Love Nod Scene!

Looking forward to working through them.

Awesome stuff. :)

I own an original Spine of God pressing from about 1991. Sounds awesome. The cd version available now is a remaster I think.

Tab next then... It's more an EP than an LP but is great, if not so in tune with spine of god or Superjudge (the follow up) :)

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Third Man Records Vault Package #21 arrived last night for me!!! :D

Love it, the packaging looks fantastic (plus a Third Man Records massive flag!), managed to find a download of it to and it sounds ace on that :P Its a recording of The White Stripes first two shows outside of the US (The two new Dead Weather tracks are also bloody great!).

I keep saying it, but I really need to sort out my room and get a record player!

• 2 weeks later...

Also bought reissue of five leaves left.

I'm listening to that right now. Its so good.

Neiler releasing the Ditch Trilogy and Zuma on Black Friday. Will be difficult to find in Ireland I'd wager.

I've read that Time Fades Away is limited to 3,500!! But not sure about the others and can;t seem to find solid info on it.