The Vinyl Thread

The Nal

A friend of my mum's has been trying unsuccessfully to sell some Beatles albums on eBay, so she brought them over to see if I wanted them. I already had two of them, and one of them had a massive scratch across side 2, but there was also a copy of Abbey Road, and a limited edition first pressing of the White Album (with embossed number on the front, and a poster)!

£50 for the two. B)

The White Album sounds like its hardly been played, no crackling or anything!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to chasing this up. In fairness, got an email back within a couple of hours, but it was basically "oo that's a long time. Is this your correct address?"

I'll keep you updated if I her owt else.

I mailed them too and they mailed back with my address minus the house number! Mailed them the correct address now.

Shitheads.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought myself this.

Adore Monster Magnet, their last album was absolutely killer and sounds so awesome on 180gm wax. It's worth it for the artwork alone to be honest...

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/monster-magnet-milking-the-stars-a-re-imagining-of-last-patrol-psyechedelic-trip-edtion-purple-vinyl.html

Just bought myself this.

Adore Monster Magnet, their last album was absolutely killer and sounds so awesome on 180gm wax. It's worth it for the artwork alone to be honest...

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/monster-magnet-milking-the-stars-a-re-imagining-of-last-patrol-psyechedelic-trip-edtion-purple-vinyl.html

Theres a name I haven't heard in a while! Vinyl looks incredible. Nice placemat!

Had Space Lord on on a minidisc mix back when. Must dig some more of them out.

Any recommendations on places to start?

• Upvote 1

Theres a name I haven't heard in a while! Vinyl looks incredible. Nice placemat!

Had Space Lord on on a minidisc mix back when. Must dig some more of them out.

Any recommendations on places to start?

Depends which era you want really.

The older heavy psychy sorta sound is probably best represented by Dopes To Infinity

Space Lord is on Powertrip which is pretty representative of the all out rock sorta era.

Personally, I love Spine of God (first album) and the newest LP Last Patrol

A 5 song mix across all the eras...

1) Zodiac Lung (taken from Spine of God)

2) All Friends and Kingdom Come (from Dopes)

3) Powertrip (from Powertrip funnily enough)

4) Unbroken (Hotel Baby) (taken from Monolithic Baby)

5) Mindless Ones (from Last Patrol)

I'm kinda a huge Monster Magnet fan, hence the Bullgod as my avatar ;)

• Upvote 1