Biffy Clyro

Guest johndoe93

It's an odd move, don't remember other bands doing the same thing. it must have been created as a double album for artistic reasons so I would assume it's a ploy by the record compnay to maximise sales.
Edited by SOAD

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe how low down they are on the Coachella list....

Obviously haven't made it out there at all.... Some people are going to get a nice surprise if they catch them by accident early in the day!

Big enough to headline and sub major festivals out here.... About 30th down the list in Coachella!

Was in asda this morning. Biffys album number one, but they only had the single album version, i'd be disappointed if I was a casual fan, bought it there, then found out there was six extra songs on the proper version.

Edited by kev1664

I've barely stopped listening to the new album since I got it. They were the first band I ever saw at the festival, main stage in 2003 and there's a nice symmetry for them to headline on my 10th anniversary.

That and some of the songs do sound like they were made to be played on a massive stage in a field in the dark.

Although I disagree with the overall opinion, the drownedinsound review which said that it's an album full of singles definitely rings true.

On Wikipedia right now...

On Sunday 3rd of February 2013, Opposites topped the UK Albums Charts because it is afuckingmazing. This is the first time Biffy Clyro have had a number one despite being the best band in the history of music. Simon King Neil said "I'd just like to thank all the heroes on twitter that watched all those many hours of #BiffyCam, I'm glad it was all worth while because we fucking rock man"

Gotta admit, wasn't much of a fan of Biffy pre-opposites, but got it and been listening to it a lot and it's really good. The heavier songs on it are top, and got me to listen to some of the heavier ones off Puzzle and Only Revolutions a la That Golden Rule, Boom Blast and Ruin etc. Warmed to the idea of them headlining now, and bar a surprisingly good NME headliner like Suede, I'll definitely go see them.