Biffy Clyro

Guest johndoe93

are people seriously raving about guiding light!? it was that and a few others on Resistance that made me think......fuck these guys are heading for a bad direction. Its a shame because they used to be jaw dropping but all this queen esque styled stuff is awful

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albums wise mostly....

Showbiz: 10/10 -holy fuck.

Origin Of Symmetry: 7/10 good innit

Absolution: 9/10 woah.

Black Holes and Revelations: 8/10 (mainly due to Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole) oh ya!

The Resistance: 6/10 (mainly due to Uprising being my favourite ever muse song) ha.

The 2nd Law: 2/10 NOPE.

I thought 2nd Law was one of Muse's more consistent albums (bar Explorers and Big Freeze) but all personal opinion :)

Back on topic:

I agree, too many perfect Biffy songs ;) If they play at Leeds any of Eradicate The Doubt/Questions & Answers/Toys/My Recovery Injection/Joy.Discovery.Invention/Some Kind Of Wizard I will die happy

I liked The 2nd Law :(

I definitely wouldn't put Showbiz as Number 1. Was a solid album and has some of their best songs (Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Uno, Sunburn) however they hadn't come into their own yet like they did in Origin :)

Showbiz- 8/10

Origin- 10/10

Absolution- 10/10

Black Holes- 7/10

The Resistance- 5/10

The 2nd Law 7/10

Dead Star- 381638/10

OOS 10/10

Showbiz 8/10

Absolution 7/10 (agree completely with LondonTom's assessment here)

BHAR 6/10 - would have been a 7 if not for Starlight, but I hate that song so so much.

2nd Law 4/10

The Resistance 2/10 - At its best it sounds like 5-minute remixes of Dr Who theme-tunes, at its worst it has some whiny bastard droning "Love is our resistance", one of the cheesiest and most annoying lyrics of all time, even worse than the crap he sang on fucking Starlight.

Vertigo of Bliss 9/10

Infinity Land 8/10

Blackened Sky 8/10

Opposites 7/10

Puzzle 6/10

Only Revolutions 3/10

Not that big a fan of either any more, I feel they both did their best work on their 1st 3 albums with a mixed bag for their 4th and are unlikely to ever do something as remarkable as them again. Saw both acts just before their 4th album came out, and neither have ever topped those live shows in the times I've seen since. Unless there's someone I desperately want to see I'll watch at least the first hour of Biffy, but I'm hoping there's an alternative I quite like in case I get a bit bored. I certainly wished I'd fucked off after Megalomania finished in 2011.