Biffy Clyro

Guest johndoe93

Yeah sounds like the Oceansize break up wasn't that friendly... read an interview with Mike where he pretty much slated some of the other members of the band for them just getting wasted and not putting on the best performance they could... he said Biffy are the complete opposite. I have to say every time I saw Oceansize live I thought Mike was brilliant but the other members could have either very good or very bad days. In fact the first time I saw them was a pretty terrible gig except for a few of the songs... the other times were pretty great though.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly off topic but what do people think of Opposites? Just gave it a first listen and I can say I am still impressed by them even if they are a completely different band nowadays! At least I can say I have seen them on every album tour and have got the chance to hear all the great old songs that noone will get to hear anymore sadly :(

Just finished listening to Opposites and was actually quite impressed as I really didn't like Only Revolutions. While it's not back to the sound of old Biffy, it's like a development on OR that's of a better standard IMO. Plus I'm a sucker for grandiose double albums (if I told you my preferred Beatles, Pink Floyd and Smashing Pumpkins albums it'd be obvious).

Would love to see Opposites live in full though. Not sure how this album is gonna be received but they deserve their step up, in my mind.

Also, it's pointed out on the Youtube video I listened to it on how much Pocket sounds like the song David Brent sings in The Office; Free Love Freeway. Quite funny.

Yeah the first time you spot him at a Biffy gig, it does look a bit odd :lol:

Mhmm on the extra personnel, I think I've read they have been wanting to do more of the extra bits on the songs live than using a backing track. (Hence the Gambler, but maybe they felt they needed someone else to, especially if they are getting a headline slot).

My opposites boxset won't be arriving until tomorrow :( If it goes up on spottily I might give in and listen before I get it :P