Pukkelpop 2013

Guest benrothwell

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty happy with that. Glad Neil Young is playing (does the set list differ dramatically with/without Crazy Horse I wonder), he was incredible at Glastonbury a few years back, one of the best headliners I have seen.

Some great stuff on there for me, NIN, Slayer, Deftones, Frank Turner, The XX and many more. The Mrs not overly thrilled so far, so for a quiet life I am hoping for some more soul/pop and the like. Some interesting names further down too, Chvrches being one. Need to get listening and hunt out some daytime bands (Pokey LaFarge winning it for me so far).

Well I'm pretty happy with that, considering it's not even half of the acts who will play. Looking forward to the Prodigy, pretty sure they've got some new material ready to play out and the classics will be great to hear again. No one else at the top of the list that really jumps out at me, although I will do some research on the Knife before August as a lot of people rave about them. If you read the press release on the news page, there's no mention of the XX headlining or even closing the Main Stage so I'm not convinced they will top the bill that day. Would love to see Kraftwerk alongside them, that would certainly beef things up but I'm pretty certain there will be someone of that stature announced. Loads of names I haven't heard of that I am looking forward to exploring over the coming months on youtube and myspace, sure there will be a few gems to come out as always. Dance wise, really happy with TEED, SBTRKT, Julio Bashmore, Maya Jane Coles and all the Drum and Bass DJs.

Interesting point at the very end of the press release: 'We’ll be back with more new names even sooner than you expect!' Lowlands are supposed to announce today as well and I thought that would be at the same time as PP (no news on that as I type). I thought it would be that Eminem is playing both festivals but maybe that's not the case and it's someone else??? I'm wondering if we will hear something from them both later this afternoon?????

Frankly Mr Shankly - although the stage breakdowns have not been released, I'm pretty sure all the acts you mentioned will play the Main Stage so there won't be any clashes. The Main Stage is the only outdoor stage at the festival and the Marquee (which is the second stage and is a tent) would not be big enought to house either the Prodigy or NIN. I haven't been to R/L so can't draw direct comparision but PP does usually get about 40 or so bands from their line up each year. What I can say though is that PP is an amazing festival that always has a great, trouble-free atmosphere where people just come to have a huge party. It's extremely well organised - you hardly have to queue for anything all weekend - and the line up is solid across a whole range of genres. My advice is come along to PP, you won't regret it at all!

amfest12 - aside from 2011, it's been warm and sunny every year I've been. I've never camped but they do have showers and there are mobile phone charging points in both the camp and festival sites (if this is what you mean by electricity?). Loads of food options both in the arena and campsite, as well as on the road outside (which is cheaper). Locals set up stalls in their gardens and sell different food and drinks - beers are cheaper here too but you're not supposed to take them into the arena (easy to do though). Timetable usually comes out a few weeks before the festival but they try to stagger the stages against each other. There will obviously be clashes but they do a pretty good job of spreading it out.

didn't buy tickets yet hope for more bands soon

still I want to ask about some things

* what is the e-food voucher? what it's include and does it worth the price (47)

* about camping - do I have to bring with me a tent or that there will be tents for rent?

* how far is the campsite b & c from the main stage?

thanks

* what is the e-food voucher? what it's include and does it worth the price (47)

* about camping - do I have to bring with me a tent or that there will be tents for rent?

thanks

thanks

Edited by Trufflehound

Noticed that The Prodigy and NIN have moved up the bill in the line up section (they are now in the same size font as Eminem, XX and Neil Young). They've done this before in the past but you always worry it's because they tried to get a headliner and weren't able to so just bumped someone else up. Time will tell I suppose....

Edited by Trufflehound

It was on the website when the first bands were announced that food and drinks tickets couldnt be ordered online anymore for 2013, they must have changed their minds. Dont know why they'd get rid of the system as for them it's money in the bank.

The e-vouchers are 2.35 Euros as opposed to 2.50 Euros from the site, so slightly cheaper. Plus it involves loads less messing about and you can order them as and when you want. I'd work out what you think you'll eat and drink per day and go off that. Better to underestimate as you dont want to be stuck with worthless tokens for the sake of saving 15 cents a beer.

The beer is Maes and one token will get you a drink equivalent to probably just over half a lager, Speciality ales, wine and other drinks are available. Loads of different food there such as Kebabs, chips, noodles, pasta bars and watermelon bars, perfect for hydration.

Should be getting tickets soon, hopefully tomorrow. Have looked at other festivals for a change but PP ticks the boxes on travel, dates, price and of course Hasselt itself, which we love being at in the daytime.

Disappointed about not being any announcements today but should be some soon. The Thursday needs filling out with non-rock/metal acts and the dance line up overall needs a major boost.

Rock Werchter are announcing on Friday lunchtime so that should give us a few clues as to who we can/cannot expect to see at PP. Who do we fancy from the Glasto line up then? Few interesting ones on the West Holts and Silver Hayes that I wouldn't mind seeing - Chic, Public Enemy, Seasick Steve, The Orb, Hot Natured, Disclosure and David Rodigan would all be nice!

Rock Werchter are announcing on Friday lunchtime so that should give us a few clues as to who we can/cannot expect to see at PP. Who do we fancy from the Glasto line up then? Few interesting ones on the West Holts and Silver Hayes that I wouldn't mind seeing - Chic, Public Enemy, Seasick Steve, The Orb, Hot Natured, Disclosure and David Rodigan would all be nice!

Wu Tang are confirmed for Dour so unlikely to play at PP. Really hope Miles Kane gets announced as he was excellent at the NME tour last month. Got unfinished business with the festival too as he was due to start just as the storm kicked off in 2011. My friends said he came out on stage once it had died down to check if everyone was alright, which was a nice gesture.

Disclosure playing RW doesn't necessarily rule them out of PP as there's always around 5-8 smaller bands that play both festivals each year. I'd say the fact they played PP last year is a bigger reason why they may not come back but we'll see.

Pretty happy with the RW announcement as there's very little there I'm desperate to see. Fingers crossed we'll get some names next week now!

I read that Arctic Monkeys didn't play RW because they wanted to headline and that festival offered them a slot as subheadliners... See them closing Pukkelpop (where they would headline for sure) would be my biggest nightmare...

Really surprised with the ticket selling rythm... maybe the festival will sell out in april this year... sooner than ever