Pukkelpop 2013

Guest benrothwell

Although I've plumped for those 3 I actually think there'll be a curve ball headliner, (a bit like Bjork last year) someone we haven't really mentioned yet. There's also the consideration that if it is Eminem, who's obviously huge, costs loads of money etc, it could mean the other two are a bit weaker/smaller/however you want to describe it as a result.

The Pukkelpop community page on Facebook said last night that Band of Horses and Apparat have both unofficially confirmed. Doesn't mention the source and I can't find anything but only doubt I have is with Apparat as Moderat (their collaboration with Modeselektor) are confirmed for Lowlands and I'm sure they usually do one or the other, not both, at the same time. The only listings on the Apparat website are DJ sets and they only go up to the end of March so we'll just have to wait and see. I finished the last night in 2009 with Moderat in the old Chateau (after sacking off the woeful Monkeys) and they were superb so I'm hoping it's them again this time round.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've plumped for those 3 I actually think there'll be a curve ball headliner, (a bit like Bjork last year) someone we haven't really mentioned yet. There's also the consideration that if it is Eminem, who's obviously huge, costs loads of money etc, it could mean the other two are a bit weaker/smaller/however you want to describe it as a result.

The Pukkelpop community page on Facebook said last night that Band of Horses and Apparat have both unofficially confirmed. Doesn't mention the source and I can't find anything but only doubt I have is with Apparat as Moderat (their collaboration with Modeselektor) are confirmed for Lowlands and I'm sure they usually do one or the other, not both, at the same time. The only listings on the Apparat website are DJ sets and they only go up to the end of March so we'll just have to wait and see. I finished the last night in 2009 with Moderat in the old Chateau (after sacking off the woeful Monkeys) and they were superb so I'm hoping it's them again this time round.

We're going to Best Kept Secret in Tilburg in June, and the Arctic Monkeys have already filled one of the headline spots there. Would be a real waste if they come to PKP too.

Never seen them live myself, but I'm no hurry as I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything nice about their shows.

Mind you, the Main is my least favourite stage at PKP, so it's always nice to have a reason not to bother going there...

Edited by Trufflehound

Best Kept Secret looks like a really nice festival in a great setting, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time there Trufflehound!! Can't wait to catch up with you both again in the summer for a beer or ten! I'm over at De Kempervennen at Easter but not sure if we'll be playing in Eindhoven this time. Will let you know though.

Can't see Prince there either The New Union but stranger things have happened. Not a huge fan myself but I'd definitely pop over to the Main for a bit to see him if he did turn up.

According to Songkick, The Family Rain are playing on Friday 16th August. Also picked up that A-Trak and Zeds Dead will both be there. Source says their booking agent has listed it but can't find any evidence on the website.

Have to agree, I would be (pleasantly) astonished if The Purple One played, but I shall live in hope I suppose. The Mrs is coming to Pukkelpop with me this year so selfishly I want to line up to be impressive to a "generalist". I've raved about the lineups Ppop delivers so she'll never let me live it down if Eminem and SOAD are the "big" names delivered.

I know there will be some great bands further down the bill, bit it's always impressive to have a good set of headline acts.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I could get excited about a Neil Young/Nine Inch Nails/Arctic Monkeys headline announcement. I think, however, I have more chance of playing in the Champions Leage final.

Still, good to see that there are intersting options playing shows in and around the Pukkelpop weekend

Do people think NIN would headline PP? They didn't when they last played in 2007 and I can't see how they're any bigger or more relevant now? Think they'll probably be on the bill though, what with the other dates they've announced around that time.

Neil Young is a possibility as he is currently available for all three days and he's played PP a few times before in the past. Bit of a weird spread of dates on his tour though as he's doing a few festivals but none of the well known ones. Only issue might be that he is playing Forest National near Brussels so that might be his only date in Belgium. Having said that, he's playing 4 dates in France and 2 in Switzerland so no reason why he can't do another one in Belgium (and they would be 2 months apart).

This is probably the least number of self-confirmations I can remember in all the years I've been going to PP. We normally know 10-15 names by now but we're currently at about 5! They usually make announcements on a Tuesday so fingers crossed we're looking at either 19th or 26th March, which is a maximum of 3 1/2 weeks away!!! Think there will probably be another Rock Werchter announcement before then though, and I'm praying Kraftwerk aren't a part of it. Do fancy Tame Impala, Jake Bugg, Gogol Bordello, Vitalic and Disclosure off their line up - they can keep the rest though!

Had a great time overall at PP 2012 aside from a severe throat infection that put me out of (drinking) action on the last day. Traipsing round Hasselt looking for a doctors/hospital wasn't what I thought I'd be doing on the Saturday morning. Tonsils have since been removed so shouldn't be a repeat of that.

Highlights were the Roses, Django Django, Hot Chip, Miike Snow and raising a toast to Onslow from Keeping up appearences with the locals (Keeping up Appearances is massive in Belgium!). Lowlights were being ill, nearly passing out and the Foo Fighters, for which the crowd was the biggest I've ever seen.

Will wait and see what the line up is before making a decision this year. The hotel we normally stay in has closed down so thats another factor in the decision making process.

Would hope for Blur and The Strokes. Surely its about time PP got the Chems as well. Dream picks would be Daft Punk as always and ACDC.

Fingers crossed for a decent line up.

Highlights were the Roses, Django Django, Hot Chip, Miike Snow and raising a toast to Onslow from Keeping up appearences with the locals (Keeping up Appearances is massive in Belgium!). Lowlights were being ill, nearly passing out and the Foo Fighters, for which the crowd was the biggest I've ever seen.

Think we'll get quite a bit of the Reading/Leeds line up, which I don't mind as there's a few names I'd like to see (did pick up on Twitter that someone said Imagine Dragons have self-confirmed but no source). Agree with you Dave about Skrillex and Chase and Status, can see both of them closing the Main Stage on different days. Wouldn't be surprised if the Killers are the third headliner, although they may have already signed up for Rock Werchter but just not been announced yet. Mumfords could be a possibility or they may go for NIN. Would love to see Kraftwerk and the Prodigy announced but not too hopeful for either. Fancy Basement Jaxx to be on the line up though - they were really good last time they played.

Biggest draw for me though will be seeing which DJs they've booked, and the live acts for the Dance Hall. Also can't wait to trawl through the unknown names at the bottom of the bill, always turn up a few hidden gems each year!

Edit: Lowlands are announcing on Monday too so perhaps they are sharing an exclusive headliner?!?!?

Edited by Semprini