Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I know. Part of what I spend my time doing is sifting the wheat from the chaff. :)

You should learn to trust me when I come out with a categorical statement about an article, cos I'm not likely to do it without knowing my ground (as I did with the recent Prince story).

Neil I trust you alot, but I sometimes thing you may put your opinion in as fact sometimes ;)

It must be a done deal by now, it all points towards a tour being booked already. Surely we can expect the US dates to be announced in the next fortnight or so?

I'd imagine so.

I was thinking that they're leaving this a bit late anyway aren't they? If they're playing 18 (?) US shows in May!

I'd imagine so.

I was thinking that they're leaving this a bit late anyway aren't they? If they're playing 18 (?) US shows in May!

I think there was about six weeks between the announcement and the first two shows in the States. I would think a full tour would require more time than that, so I would put my money on an announcement in the next week or two.

am hearing whispers of a Hyde Park show.

No real idea if it's true or not, but if it is then an announcement supposedly isn't too far away.

If so, I didn't think they do Glasto, presuming they do, without a big own show at least and HRC I didn't think was going to be it. They don't charge The Stones prices! I also don't think many other places except the likes of Glasto would get them to except and it not be their! show, if you get my meaning?

Purely your opinion then, do you still think The Stones won't play?

I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, but I'm coming round the idea that they probably will.

All the noises currently are pretty much solidly saying it's going to happen, but then again it's impossible to know if they're all following one lead or not.

To see how it can work, just stop and consider about how the Arctics are now assumed by everyone to be headlining, and yet (as far as i'm aware) the only place which came out and said they definitely were was efests. If efests has got the Arctics wrong then all the other stories written elsewhere since will also be wrong.

So I'm always a little hesitant to put belief into stuff unless I know there's good reason to trust it - and I'm not finding enough belief just yet.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, but I'm coming round the idea that they probably will.All the noises currently are pretty much solidly saying it's going to happen, but then again it's impossible to know if they're all following one lead or not.To see how it can work, just stop and consider about how the Arctics are now assumed by everyone to be headlining, and yet (as far as i'm aware) the only place which came out and said they definitely were was efests. If efests has got the Arctics wrong then all the other stories written elsewhere since will also be wrong.So I'm always a little hesitant to put belief into stuff unless I know there's good reason to trust it - and I'm not finding enough belief just yet.

So what's the chance efests has got Arctic Monkeys wrong?!

So what's the chance efests has got Arctic Monkeys wrong?!

There's always a chance.

It's not the strongest info I ever get, but I've had the same info from a number of different sources, and i feel the combination of stuff is more than good enough to put my name to it.

Ultimately, I only get to find out for certain when an official announcement is made.

As far as i can remember I don't think I've ever got a headliner for a major fest wrong when it's been marked as a tbc (tho no doubt someone will take me saying that as a challange to prove those words wrong :lol:).

There's always a chance.

It's not the strongest info I ever get, but I've had the same info from a number of different sources, and i feel the combination of stuff is more than good enough to put my name to it.

Ultimately, I only get to find out for certain when an official announcement is made.

As far as i can remember I don't think I've ever got a headliner for a major fest wrong when it's been marked as a tbc (tho no doubt someone will take me saying that as a challange to prove those words wrong :lol:).

did you not have Kanye as a TBC for 2008? (sorry for attempting to prove you wrong, but also sorry for that probably being incorrect. maybe it was just a SR...)

did you not have Kanye as a TBC for 2008? (sorry for attempting to prove you wrong, but also sorry for that probably being incorrect. maybe it was just a SR...)

I can't be certain now, but I think not. I certainly thought it was Kanye for a while on the basis of a guess, but I use much more than just what I think to put something as a TBC.

Do you reckon this year could be the year each festival finally gets the headliner they've wanted for years?

Reading finally get green day

download finally get iron maiden

glasto finally get the rolling stones

V festival finally gets beyonce

coachella finally get's daft p- .... well... maybe next time coachella.