WWE

lharris92

^depends on how they handle it, this is too little to really tell and there's a ton of different directions on how to handle it. Like his old gimmick if he is just booked to lose but is expected to remain over with his vids and promo then he'll flop like last time. It is impressive how much weight he's lost and the muscle he's put on, a pic he took with a fan really shows it off.

Image result for bray wyatt new look

The good things about these type of crazy characters is that you can easily build feuds which aren't related to a belt or a tag team spitting which WWE has been struggling to do.

1 minute ago, jump said:

^depends on how they handle it, this is too little to really tell and there's a ton of different directions on how to handle it. Like his old gimmick if he is just booked to lose but is expected to remain over with his vids and promo then he'll flop like last time. It is impressive how much weight he's lost and the muscle he's put on, a pic he took with a fan really shows it off.

Image result for bray wyatt new look

The good things about these type of crazy characters is that you can easily build feuds which aren't related to a belt or a tag team spitting which WWE has been struggling to do.

I really like Bray. I lean more towards actual characters than the work horse types. I so want to see it work for him.

18 hours ago, jump said:

I wouldn't say that, whilst he's found his footing with The Bar he has managed to get over before that. His US titles matches with Cena were getting huge pops, he got the big swing move over with the crowd which his hard considering how corny it is and had that very organic Cesaro Section.

Fair point about the move, but same could be said about Scotty 2 hotty and the worm.

I see him in a similar position to Shelton where they can have a good match with anyone, but you will get very little when you give them a microphone. That tag team (and the one with Tyson Kidd) his weaknesses and emphasized his strengths. I just don't see where he sits as a singles guy. He is a good wrestler in a company full of good wrestlers, I'm not sure how he stands out.

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

What do we make of Bray Wyatt's new gimmick then? I'm not sure. I think it might have potential. Creepy and unhinged.

They have to try something different, they had run out of ideas with the previous gimmick. I have concerns that Bray just doesn't work in that PG world.

I think this time he needs to go all in with the character. I always found it strange with the previous gimmick how he acted one way on TV, then happily smiling in photos with fans on social media.

27 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I always found it strange with the previous gimmick how he acted one way on TV, then happily smiling in photos with fans on social media.

Sound like Cornette ?

I do find it strange when they have the heels wear the charity shirts and stuff though.

17 minutes ago, jump said:

My money is on Sami Zayn to win it. Elias would have trouble carrying both his guitar and the mitb case to the ring!

I think whoever wins it this time has to successfully cash in. I like Elias but I think he needs more build. I wouldn't want to see Zayn as champion. I wonder if McIntyre may be the best choice.

Elias is facing Reigns at MITB but I could see this McMahon thing running and Reigns getting the win and then Shane and Vince brining Elias out later on to snatch the briefcase. I think he would be a great MITB holder. 

McIntyre doesn’t need the briefcase for me. I think that he should take the title off of Seth without the briefcase. 

I can’t stand Sami so I’d hate to see him win it. I don’t think he would anyway. 

Andrade wouldn’t shock me too much but I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready yet. He needs a decent midcard title reign first for me. 

Edited by Andre91

10 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Shake up was basically 2 weeks long this year ?

Two weeks?! They have been pissing about with the NXT call ups for months now and I'm still waiting to see where Nikki Cross ends up.

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Elias is facing Reigns at MITB but I could see this McMahon thing running and Reigns getting the win and then Shane and Vince brining Elias out later on to snatch the briefcase. I think he would be a great MITB holder. 

McIntyre doesn’t need the briefcase for me. I think that he should take the title off of Seth without the briefcase. 

I can’t stand Sami so I’d hate to see him win it. I don’t think he would anyway. 

Andrade wouldn’t shock me too much but I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready yet. He needs a decent midcard title reign first for me. 

I think Elias is better than just being another McMahon henchmen but as long as he gets used now I'm happy.

I agree about McIntyre, the briefcase should be used by the chancer bragger heel which doesn't fit Drew. 

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

hate Nikki Cross. Passionately. 

I like her myself, I mean there's far better female characters and wrestlers on the roster but I always enjoy watching her. She is a good character to have on the roster as well as she can move about in different feuds which aren't about the belt which is something WWE struggles with.

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, jump said:

I like her myself, I mean there's far better female characters and wrestlers on the roster but I always enjoy watching her. She is a good character to have on the roster as well as she can move about in different feuds which aren't about the belt which is something WWE struggles with.

Im fine with her, she is a bit different and I think she has her place on the roster.

An an unrelated subject I really don't understand turning Owens heel. He has been heel the entire time on the roster and needs a chance to see if he works as a face.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Im fine with her, she is a bit different and I think she has her place on the roster.

An an unrelated subject I really don't understand turning Owens heel. He has been heel the entire time on the roster and needs a chance to see if he works as a face.

Yeah it seems strange to have happened so fast. I guess they want KO to take on Kofi for that title.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Yeah, their plans for him turned to shit as it went from a title match at 'mania to not being on the show at all. Even then it didn't fit in with him being banished from Smackdown and the previous feuds with the McMahons.

Also they are still shaking up superstars, B-Team have moved to Smackdown.

WWE really can't plan for shit.

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, A-Rob said:

I have a gut feeling that Sasha Banks would return in MITB as a heel and win it. Setting up Sasha vs Becky feud. 

I'm not so sure WWE are clever/willing enough to use her wanting to leave as part of a storyline even if it's just as a miss-direction for a surprise return. If someone high profile changed their mind about leaving in the current state of everyone wanting out I would have thought they'd bring her back to TV to make a show of her wanting to stay now.

I'd love for her to turn heel and win the MITB tho, she's always been my favourite performer on the women's roster.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

What do people think about WWE extending Harper's contract? For all the talk about him being kept hostage, I think nobody forced him to sign his current contract and if WWE have paid for his surgery, I can see why they would want some return.

They aren't really gonna get a "return" considering he's not being used at all, even paying for the odd surgery is still a lot cheaper than them having to pay health insurance. It's bullshit these contracts work like this considering they are "independent contractors".

Just read back a few pages on here, well the last 5 since I posted and its barmy the bickering on here. 

WWE now and WWE in 96/7, you just can't compare. 

The roster now is so stacked compared to 96/7. It was much easier to break through then than now. Look at 96 for example. WWE had world champions on their roster, Bret Hart missing most of 96. Undertaker, brief couple days champion back in 1990, Yokozuna who was buried at this point, they brought Vader in from WCW, Faarooq from WCW and Shawn Michales who was your fresh champion. 

Now you have a ton of former world champions all on the roster and one of the best midcards, its so stacked. 

When you think about it, is this the best wrestling roster a promotion has ever had? In terms of not only name value but talent.

Around 88 time WWF they had a insane roster, then in 89 they lost Harley Race but gained Dusty Rhodes.

WCW 98 time, had a very very strong roster, the main event guys, the mid cards and the Cruiserweights, obviously no women roster and the tag team division was pretty much always weak in WCW, despite having good teams throughout the WCW history, there was no depth.

WWF in 2001 was stacked to hell. Post WCW and ECW closing.

TNA in 2009-10 was insanely strong. 

Then when you think about all this and then you see Vince come out on conference calls and say business was down because of injuries, they have probably the most stacked roster in wrestling history, really pisses me off and shows how pathetic the guy is, no ownership of responsibility at all, when you really look at it, WWE, apart from times for example when they let CM Punk roll with it, from the original brand split in 2002, it has quite honestly been an awful product. The resources they have and in general the product is just simply bad. 

Its happened since Vince took the decision to stop having wrestling people write the show and wrestlers their own promos to hiring TV writers to do it. Its been too long that it hasn't worked and I don't understand why they haven't just held up their hands and gone yup we are a wrestling company not just an entertainment company. I hate Vince's views on wrestling. Its what made him who he is, but its like he actually hates wrestling. The sooner HHH gets power the better. NXT is a better product. Will be interesting when it gets a TV show if its allowed to remain how it is or it becomes another pile of shit, cus if it does remain the same and does great numbers it might shake things up more than a AEW doing well would.