WWE

lharris92

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

A fair amount of rumours floating around it will be McIntyre, Lashey and Corbin vs Ambrose, Strowman and Reigns a Mania. I wondered it there had to be something in that triple powerbomb last week and apparently the commentary team were specifically told to mention the Shield when it happened.

ewwwwwwww a 6 man tag at mania :bad:

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Wow, have you guys heard about why the NXT lads were called up?

Apparently there wasn't even a script and Vince & Triple H argued a bunch over what was happening.

Yeah, it's odd Vince thinks calling up some NXT guys with no hype before hand would generate hype. It's the same shit as always, overstuff the roster but with no direction which means they will just end up as midcard fodder. 

New Japan has announced their inaugural UK show in London for Aug. They have only announced Okada, Naito and Tanasashi will be there but I will be shocked if Ospreay isn't added too. Tbh I would loved this if it was year earlier with the likes Omega, Young Bucks there too but if they add Juice and Guerrillas of Destiny I'm grabbing a tix.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

Wow, have you guys heard about why the NXT lads were called up?

Apparently there wasn't even a script and Vince & Triple H argued a bunch over what was happening.

They're calling up way too many guys and have no idea what to do with them, the absolute greatest guy they could have is EC3, he has so much charisma, he could easily be the next Rock for them, and they have done absolutely NOTHING with him, last night he lost to Apollo Crews on Main Event taping. They have too much talent and not enough spots and not enough creative. All these producers they've hired, Jarrett can work and talk I'll give him that, he's an excellent choice, but Helms fucking SUCKED in the ring in every promotion and every gimmick he had, Abyss can do a hardcore match but other than that he's always been pretty limited, I can't even remember who else they brought in but I wasn't impressed.

1 hour ago, jump said:

As good as it is to see Batista back couldn't he have a match against Orton over who was the successor of Evolution or AJ over who is the greatest face of Smackdown instead of Trips?

Apparently Batista would only work with HHH.

Impact, I know most people hate on it, but they seem to be getting their shit together, since Anthem took over its all been damage limitation and getting stable and building back bridges with companies. They're now giving the talent 3 year contracts which they haven't done in forever, its been 1 year deals or less. 

Sami, Eddie Edwards, Bahh have all resigned 3 year deals this week and they've signed Ace Austin and Josh Alexander, Alexander is a 3 year deal confirmed, it wasn't said about Ace Austin. Sadly the other Austin, Austin Aries said on twitter he's rejected their offer, unless he's just chatting shit. 

The company has said they'll be announcing more signings this week, including a returning champion. People are thinking the way its worded it might be a knockout maybe Havok or Taryn Terrell. Anyway, they've confirmed that will be announced on Thursday.

Its good to see Impact has survived and is thriving now. They truely DO offer the best wrestling show on a weekly basis and have done for a while now, I watched Impact last Friday, not recorded but on TV as it aired and honestly before I knew it it had finished and I was like boy that was a fun show, I try and watch Raw and fuck me does it drag. I always supported TNA and tons of people jumped on the bandwagon and then fucked off and love to slag it and think its cool and now they're jumping on the AEW bandwagon but honestly if most people who are wrestling fans and not just WWE fans gave Impact a shot I bet they would like what they saw. I got someone to try it again in recent months and they can't believe how good it is. 

I do hope AEW succeeds btw, we need more promotions cus I can't ever see me enjoying what WWE dish up again, maybe when Vince is no longer there actually, until then, its just the same old shit. 

47 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

They're calling up way too many guys and have no idea what to do with them, the absolute greatest guy they could have is EC3, he has so much charisma, he could easily be the next Rock for them, and they have done absolutely NOTHING with him, last night he lost to Apollo Crews on Main Event taping. They have too much talent and not enough spots and not enough creative. All these producers they've hired, Jarrett can work and talk I'll give him that, he's an excellent choice, but Helms fucking SUCKED in the ring in every promotion and every gimmick he had, Abyss can do a hardcore match but other than that he's always been pretty limited, I can't even remember who else they brought in but I wasn't impressed.

Apparently Batista would only work with HHH.

I agree they have too much talent, they are the Chelsea of the wrestling world! I’m not convinced that the best wrestlers would necessarily be the best producers, I wouldn’t consider them the same skill set. I also would dispute Helms sucked as the Hurricane which was very over as a character.

I agree Batista has the profile that he can call the shots.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree they have too much talent, they are the Chelsea of the wrestling world! I’m not convinced that the best wrestlers would necessarily be the best producers, I wouldn’t consider them the same skill set. I also would dispute Helms sucked as the Hurricane which was very over as a character.

I agree Batista has the profile that he can call the shots.

He was a little over when they started the gimmick then they added mighty molly and he was pretty over then they whacked him with Kane as the 'urgh' HuriKane tag team [they won the freaking titles even] but after that he basically become a jobber. When Batista debuted on Raw he destroyed him in about 10 seconds [Im watched 2002 Raw at the moment and watched this last week] 

I've never liked him, I did like Mighty Molly though!

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

He was a little over when they started the gimmick then they added mighty molly and he was pretty over then they whacked him with Kane as the 'urgh' HuriKane tag team [they won the freaking titles even] but after that he basically become a jobber. When Batista debuted on Raw he destroyed him in about 10 seconds [Im watched 2002 Raw at the moment and watched this last week] 

I've never liked him, I did like Mighty Molly though!

I think there's a different to not liking someone and thinking they sucked in the gimmick. He pretty much pulled it off perfectly. It wasn't a main event gimmick, but it got him tag title reigns, numerous backstage segments, and a match with the rock that is still remembered today. 

That gimmick meant after Booker he was one of the most successful of the invasion guys, without it he would have been lost in the shuffle. It didn't make him the top star, but it gave him a role in a stacked roster.

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think there's a different to not liking someone and thinking they sucked in the gimmick. He pretty much pulled it off perfectly. It wasn't a main event gimmick, but it got him tag title reigns, numerous backstage segments, and a match with the rock that is still remembered today. 

That gimmick meant after Booker he was one of the most successful of the invasion guys, without it he would have been lost in the shuffle. It didn't make him the top star, but it gave him a role in a stacked roster.

I'm just being pedantic but RVD, Rhyno and Stacy Keibler come to mind as bigger than Helms. I think Helms was a perfectly ok mid-low card guy, nothing to write home about but it terms of being a backstage guy it's more down to their understanding rasslin' and how they are able to deal with people rather were they over and talented in the ring.

17 hours ago, luckysalt said:

They truely DO offer the best wrestling show on a weekly basis and have done for a while now, I watched Impact last Friday, not recorded but on TV as it aired and honestly before I knew it it had finished and I was like boy that was a fun show, I try and watch Raw and fuck me does it drag. I always supported TNA and tons of people jumped on the bandwagon and then fucked off and love to slag it and think its cool and now they're jumping on the AEW bandwagon but honestly if most people who are wrestling fans and not just WWE fans gave Impact a shot I bet they would like what they saw. I got someone to try it again in recent months and they can't believe how good it is. 

Raw is shit but Smackdown and NXT are still decent shows, I just can't invest in TNA/Impact as there's been too many stop/starts over the years with it but I can't imagine it's over taken NXT as the "best" rasslin' show.

TBH I prefer New Japan over both WWE and TNA, their strong style and use of camera angles (it's hard to explain, it seems bigger and more real the way it's filmed) has me hooked. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'm just being pedantic but RVD, Rhyno and Stacy Keibler come to mind as bigger than Helms. I think Helms was a perfectly ok mid-low card guy, nothing to write home about but it terms of being a backstage guy it's more down to their understanding rasslin' and how they are able to deal with people rather were they over and talented in the ring.

Raw is shit but Smackdown and NXT are still decent shows, I just can't invest in TNA/Impact as there's been too many stop/starts over the years with it but I can't imagine it's over taken NXT as the "best" rasslin' show.

TBH I prefer New Japan over both WWE and TNA, their strong style and use of camera angles (it's hard to explain, it seems bigger and more real the way it's filmed) has me hooked. 

I wasn't including NXT, i do watch the takeovers but other than that I dip in and out. Your opinion of impact is the same as many they won't give if a chance again, but it really is a FUN show and that's the most important thing. Sometimes u watch wrestling out of loyalty or habit but impact I watch these days cus it is actually entertaining. 

7 hours ago, jump said:

New Japan is far and away the best IMO. The sports like presentation is what you are talking about. It feels real and the way it's shot, I know exactly what you mean. Have you seen the Showbuckle video breaking down filming and production of the shows.

New Japan is my favourite because  wins and losses matter. Wrestlers are presented like stars. The long term storytelling and booking is just on another level, and of course the match quality, there is nothing close to the high level matches. Look how stacked the new japan cup is which starts next month. 32 man tournament and there is guaranteed to be multiple great matches and stories coming out of it.

Impact is good now. I don't watch weekly as there is just so much wrestling out there. LAX vs Lucha bros matches have been awesome. How long can Impact go on though and keep losing money? No one is watching, I think the average is like 15k a week. It's a shame but it's just not the place to  be anymore with AEW coming up and even ROH making big signings lately. And of course NXT. Impact keep bringing back ex world champions and guys like RVD. It's 2019 ffs.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Ronda is finally a ruthless heel. Yay. 

They’ve over-complicated the RAW Women’s Title story so much. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

So winning the women’s Rumble means nothing then? Odd.

I absolutely love The Shield but can’t see for the life of me the point in this most recent run.

Ronda as a heel, finally! She’s still painfully bad on the mic though.

Yeah it didn't need to be this complicated at all. Glad they've switched Ronda, it's the absolute correct call.

I don't know why they keep giving her such long segments on the mic, keep her mic time to a minimum and she is okay but anything long she really struggles.

on the Shield stuff, I said at the very start of the Dean turn that it was the complete wrong timing on that and I feel I've been proven correct now.

Loved Seth shouting "Come on!" waiting on Dean to do the fist.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Yeah, it's becoming over booked and moving away from what people were getting excited about of two bad arses going up against each other. You'd think they would have leant their lesson by now of not overly focusing on the main event and use some of the energy and time in the undercard. I can see an entire team of writers working on Becky and Ronda's and fuck all thought given to the rest to the roster.

Also this;

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Just coming up on the main event of Fastlane. What an overbooked mess of a ppv. Gonna take some beating as worst show of 2019.

I watched the first 2 matches (saw that coming after the first match!) then went to bed. Woke up and read what happened - what in the world are creative up to?! KO injured or?

33 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I watched the first 2 matches (saw that coming after the first match!) then went to bed. Woke up and read what happened - what in the world are creative up to?! KO injured or?

Didn't help that we missed the kick off and first hour of the show because we forgot US daylight saving happens a few weeks before ours.

Honestly it was such a weird show, chants of this is boring heard a few times. I think they're just trying to make it look like Vince is being a massive dick towards Kofi but it was just done in such a confusing way. Then commentary pretended like they didn't realise it was a triple threat even though Greg Hamilton had said the triple threat would take place later on.

Asuka/Mandy had a really strange end. Becky vs Charlotte has become just way too complicated (as mention a few times on this thread) such an odd way to get it to the triple threat. The 4 way was decent as was the triple threat, despite it being really confusing what was going on, the crowd didn't let up on them though. Shield stuff was fun but very house showy for a main event.

Bad event before Mania though, it's killed a bit of hype for me to be honest.

This ppv should be scrapped, before mania the Rumble and Elimination Chamber are enough.

As another ppv gets overbooked and like others above say it slows the hype for Mania, it's better to have 6 weeks to work in Mania then add an other event in between