NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about rear wheel traction, and a massive bunny hop at the latest possible moment.

I'll add in don't go hell for leather to begin with. Let gravity do its thing first, then go for the throttle. Bring your front wheel up as the road straightens at the bottom and bunny at the last moment.

Bought and downloaded Octodad and Trials Fusion for PS4 last night. Only had a quick go on both, but happy with both purchases. Octodad is just fucking weird :lol:

I seen you were playing that so watched the trailer, it looks mad :D

I think I bested your new one mate, sorry.

I am obsessed with RedLynx Derby, which looks like you beat it maybe once, took you 23 minutes or something, which is a lot better than my first completion. But it was during that run that bunny hopping finally clicked for me, and I have been playing it obsessively ever since. I managed to shave it down to 3ish minutes, but still get some stupid faults time and again (and not even on the same obstacle every time). I can make it over half way through with 4 faults, and then totally fuck one obstacle and end up with 33 faults.

Anyway, my point is, did you realise you can watch other peoples replays? I didnt. I checked the leaderboard for the top players, and one guy had it in zero faults, in under 90 seconds. I thought "bullshit", so I watched his replay - its incredible.

This is a similar (but faster) run on the 360, its amazing control

I find it fantastic, that a track which can take 25+ minutes for a first timer to complete, can eventually be shaved down to under 2 minutes. Its proper old school "just one more try" gameplay. And I love it.

THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!

I finished Killzone on the Vita the other day. Technically, its amazing what they managed to pull off on a hand held device. However I found the whole experience a bit flat. I couldn't be bothered to go back and do all the extra contracts after the main story had completed, I'd had enough.

People complain about the lack of AAA titles on the Vita. However, there are a ton of fantastic games available... very few of them are AAA titles. I've been playing on my Vita pretty much exclusively for the past few months. My Xbox hasn't had a look in for ages.

I've just started Persona 4. I haven't got my teeth stuck into a JRPG for ages, so looking forward to this. The first couple of hours are pretty hands off, and then it dumps you in the deep end with a million different things to do! Nice touch of Pokemon to it too with the collecting and fusing of different personas.

Microsoft finally decides to release the Xbox ONE without Kinect

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-13-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-one-without-kinect

How many more u-turns can one company make?

EDIT: One more it seems! They are also removing the requirement of having a gold account to watch Netflix, iPlayer etc. I do see this as a good thing though. Its the main reason I have a gold account.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-13-microsoft-to-remove-xbox-live-gold-paywall-for-streaming-apps

Edited by windy_miller

Good moves all round from Microsoft there, extending Games with Gold to xbox 1 to.

If I had the room I 'd love to have kinect, but as it will be stuck in my bedroom it seems rather pointless for the most part.

Might have to get one when this kicks in, I noticed other day on my uncle's PS4 that even on something like FIFA14, games seem to have more going in the background graphics. (It was the stadium/crowd that got me in that one!)

Good moves all round from Microsoft there, extending Games with Gold to xbox 1 to.

If I had the room I 'd love to have kinect, but as it will be stuck in my bedroom it seems rather pointless for the most part.

Might have to get one when this kicks in, I noticed other day on my uncle's PS4 that even on something like FIFA14, games seem to have more going in the background graphics. (It was the stadium/crowd that got me in that one!)

One of my fave things is I can walk in the front door and say "xbox on" while i'm kicking my boots off, "go to trials fusion" while I take my coat off, and when I sit down and actually turn on the telly I am ready to play. I didnt have to bend down and pick up anything other than the controller and the telly remote to start playing. And I dont have to sit through bootup screens and wait for it to sign me in either, because the camera knows its me.Its not much, but its a nice touch.

Talk about first world problems. Being able to save a couple of seconds by not having to press a button to turn on a console is not worth the extra £100.

I didnt have to bend down and pick up anything other than the controller and the telly remote to start playing.

You'd have to do that with or without the Kinect anyway?! xD

I know it's just for convenience etc. but I literally have no interest in the Kinect whatsoever, none of that stuff bothers me at all. Micro$oft have screwed themselves over very early on including it in every console for its first 6-7 months of release.

If they'd of had a kinect-less bundle at launch I'd have been more tempted by the Xbone, but now owning a PS4 and a fairly high spec PC, I have no intention of getting an Xbone ever. Which genuinely surprises me.

M$ have embarrassed themselves this gen IMHO. The fact that they had to set aside some of the processing power in the box to drive kinect seems like such a waste too, as those resources may have helped them get above 720p for most games. So now we are stuck with a box that is underpowered compared to its nearest competitor...

The PS4 might run in 1020i, but ask it to do very much at the frames per/sec drop to next to nowt.

It's only "powerful" if it can throw up that resolution and reliably maintain it at 60fps.

The PS4 might run in 1020i 1080p, but ask it to do very much at the frames per/sec drop to next to nowt around 30ish at the least.

It's only "powerful" if it can throw up that resolution and reliably maintain it at 60fps.

Fixed for you :yes:

It's a shame really, because the 360 was a far superior console than the PS3 (for multi-platform titles anyway). It was the Dualshock 4 and the price difference that made me grab a PS4 instead and that's it, and now I'm bloody glad I did anyway, so happy with it.

I know all these resolution differences and stuff keep piling out and a lot of people say that there is barely a difference anyway which to a certain extent I agree with, the difference between 720p and 900p is barely noticeable whatsoever. It's when the difference is as drastic as 720p vs. 1080p, that's when you start to see differences. But to my knowledge there hasn't been a game out so far with that gap has there?