NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

Good to see ya back fella. Never bothered with ryse meself, looked like all fur coat and no knickers to me. Titanfall is decent enough, although I dont think I've played it at all since about 3 days after getting it. I have played the heck out of Trials though. Its great. The one thing I fucking hate though is the learning curve from just hard to really hard is impossible. Theres a jump I simply cant make, and I cant go any further, and 40 or 50 goes resulted in 1 success. That kind of block really does stop me wanting to go on.

The xbone really does need a killer app, and I fear it may be Halo before it happens.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see ya back fella. Never bothered with ryse meself, looked like all fur coat and no knickers to me. Titanfall is decent enough, although I dont think I've played it at all since about 3 days after getting it. I have played the heck out of Trials though. Its great. The one thing I fucking hate though is the learning curve from just hard to really hard is impossible. Theres a jump I simply cant make, and I cant go any further, and 40 or 50 goes resulted in 1 success. That kind of block really does stop me wanting to go on.

The xbone really does need a killer app, and I fear it may be Halo before it happens.

ta buddy, good to see you're still here. That's a perfect assesment of Ryse. I played it through but it's pretty boring. Titanfall: dito, it's fun in places, but then again I'm not really an online mult. player type. Give me splitscreeen with some friends over any day Vs. having 14 yr old's screaming at me.

I knew I'd buy it for Halo aswel, and the price seemed to good to ignore.

Fusion's at 50% Wish I had fibre.

It's not just Xbox that needs a killer app, PS4 does too. There's still nothing that I want to play on either console.

Edited by windy_miller

Trials sends me crazy, I'm absolutely loving Fusion but its got to be the only game where I get tetchy if someone on my friends list has bettered my time. I think its gotten worse, maybe because Fusion actually tells you when a friend has beaten your time because I'm pretty sure Evolution never did that!

Also now realising how soon my Watchdogs pre-order can be redeemed....

Heh, that looks great. Can't wait for my new video card, looking forward to running BF4 on ultra. It has been pretty much the only game I have played this year, still getting played most days. The naval strike maps are amazing, well designed for gameplay and visually stunning.

I think I bested your new one mate, sorry.

I am obsessed with RedLynx Derby, which looks like you beat it maybe once, took you 23 minutes or something, which is a lot better than my first completion. But it was during that run that bunny hopping finally clicked for me, and I have been playing it obsessively ever since. I managed to shave it down to 3ish minutes, but still get some stupid faults time and again (and not even on the same obstacle every time). I can make it over half way through with 4 faults, and then totally fuck one obstacle and end up with 33 faults.

Anyway, my point is, did you realise you can watch other peoples replays? I didnt. I checked the leaderboard for the top players, and one guy had it in zero faults, in under 90 seconds. I thought "bullshit", so I watched his replay - its incredible.

This is a similar (but faster) run on the 360, its amazing control

I find it fantastic, that a track which can take 25+ minutes for a first timer to complete, can eventually be shaved down to under 2 minutes. Its proper old school "just one more try" gameplay. And I love it.

Edited by t8yman

I think I bested your new one mate, sorry.

I am obsessed with RedLynx Derby, which looks like you beat it maybe once, took you 23 minutes or something, which is a lot better than my first completion. But it was during that run that bunny hopping finally clicked for me, and I have been playing it obsessively ever since. I managed to shave it down to 3ish minutes, but still get some stupid faults time and again (and not even on the same obstacle every time). I can make it over half way through with 4 faults, and then totally fuck one obstacle and end up with 33 faults.

Anyway, my point is, did you realise you can watch other peoples replays? I didnt. I checked the leaderboard for the top players, and one guy had it in zero faults, in under 90 seconds. I thought "bullshit", so I watched his replay - its incredible.

This is a similar (but faster) run on the 360, its amazing control

I find it fantastic, that a track which can take 25+ minutes for a first timer to complete, can eventually be shaved down to under 2 minutes. Its proper old school "just one more try" gameplay. And I love it.

Have you beaten big air since last night - my new ones just over the limit for gold - 115M I think.

I think the progression is bob on, just savage enough to keep you wanting perfection but not so insane that you chuck the controller at the TV. Big air for instance, took me hundreds of attempts to work out the correct point to bunny at the apex, now I can get 60m+ each time, but to begin with I couldn't get past 35M. My favourite at the moment is the sunrise one with the Quadbike.

I've even gone and bought the original so having a play through on the 360 and it's great, but it feels a bit to easy to drift through the levels without craving perfection

Have you beaten big air since last night - my new ones just over the limit for gold - 115M I think.

I think the progression is bob on, just savage enough to keep you wanting perfection but not so insane that you chuck the controller at the TV. Big air for instance, took me hundreds of attempts to work out the correct point to bunny at the apex, now I can get 60m+ each time, but to begin with I couldn't get past 35M. My favourite at the moment is the sunrise one with the Quadbike.

I've even gone and bought the original so having a play through on the 360 and it's great, but it feels a bit to easy to drift through the levels without craving perfection

Dang it, no I haven't beaten Gold on it yet. Watch this space.

That is insane, everything is perfect. I dread to think how many times he must've played the track to know it that well.

On another note I've just borrowed Ground Zeroes off a friend for PS4, so will be giving that a bash later.

I fancy ground zeroes, but I'm not forking out £20+ for a big demo. I'll wait until I get it pre owned tbh, or until its dirt cheap digitally.

I got Ground Zeroes for my birthday. Not had much of a play of it yet, but it looks very pretty!

please spoiler tag any of the story you may post. I've gone a month and a bit without spoiling it for myself. I'm close to getting a PS4 so don't have to wait much longer.

Yep Trials Fusion is the latest one! Will not move on from a track til I have a Gold medal on it. On the 3rd Hard track now...

That is rather harsh on yourself. I would have slung either myself or the controller against the wall if I played by that ethos!

Curious about this, is this Trials fusion you are playing? I'm just *ahem* downloading a trial on the PC to see what the fuss is about. I'm sure if I enjoy it I'll buy it on Steam.

Controller is an absolute must for Trials games. KBM would simply not work IMHO. Enjoy!

That is rather harsh on yourself. I would have slung either myself or the controller against the wall if I played by that ethos!

I've not done too bad as of yet, never really spent too long on a track so far. Big Air took me about half an hour though, ended up around the 120m. mark when I got it. The Hard tracks are pretty intense though!

Edited by TheJackson

Controller is an absolute must for Trials games. KBM would simply not work IMHO. Enjoy!

Yeah, I used a wired xbox controller for pc games (apart from fps/strategy).

Waaaaaay back in the day I used to play kickstart 2 on the commodore 64 with my mate in splitscreen, this looks like the same sort of thing in 3d with some crazy tracks. Looking forward to checking it out over the weekend.