NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parkour skills are weak and to be honest the people who do well in these games are those that can move fast and traverse the maps very quickly. I need to to learn to jump around and shoot at the same time. Strafing is not enough in some gun fights.

I hate the cloaking, always have in any games. It's not a deal braker it's just annoying, I guess I just need to use it more myself.

COD got a bit boring after Black Ops, MW3 and Ghosts are dreadful. Black ops 2 was ok though, the thing I loved about Black ops was (apart from UAV and Dogs) you had to play some part in using your killstreak, it wasn't just use it and forget about it while its racking up kills. And the fact you could only gain killstreaks from using a gun.

Still, COD4 is still king. If IW re-made it and stuck it on next-gen i'd go and pay full price for it again now.

Edited by TheJackson

Still loving titanfall myself, yes it can get a bit chaotic at times, but the game is just so refreshing to the usual cod formula which i got really tired of, picked up ghosts on release and sold it within a week, absolutely hated it, maps were awful.

My ps4 isn't getting much use at the moment, playing my games on the pc, picked up stick of truth from the usual places :whistle: had a quick go the other night and was so much fun, anyone who is into south park should play this game

Edited by modey

The maps were my issue with Ghosts. I hated them, the design was just so open, nowhere was safe to stand still and catch a breather, and the one inside the lab did my tits in. Spent more time finding people than you did shooting them.

I've become a bit addicted to playing through Stick of Truth...however I've got stuck!

I would apparently be no good in an abortion clinic....I can't seem to be able to get the suction to work on Randy Marsh, just keep sucking his balls out. (Which is funny the first couple of times admitedly :P) ...when I googled everyone seemed to have problems with the bit before!

Tell you what, InFamous Second Son is bloody brilliant, it plays so well. It also the best looking game I have seen on a console to date its absolutely gorgeous. Completed it over the weekend (literally spent the whole weekend playing it, apart from a couple rounds of golf) and have started a second playthrough straight away to see what being EVIL is like :devil:

Tell you what, InFamous Second Son is bloody brilliant, it plays so well. It also the best looking game I have seen on a console to date its absolutely gorgeous. Completed it over the weekend (literally spent the whole weekend playing it, apart from a couple rounds of golf) and have started a second playthrough straight away to see what being EVIL is like :devil:

does Troy Baker use his standard voice or does he put one on in this game?

does Troy Baker use his standard voice or does he put one on in this game?

Well, I noticed it was him without knowing he was voicing it beforehand, so I guess it's his normal one?

It's a nice change, don't get me wrong I love Battlefield 4 and Titanfall, but it's nice to play something that isn't just your standard shooter. Much much better than the first two InFamous games, can even play it without playing the first two too if you care about the story.

Well, I noticed it was him without knowing he was voicing it beforehand, so I guess it's his normal one?

It's a nice change, don't get me wrong I love Battlefield 4 and Titanfall, but it's nice to play something that isn't just your standard shooter. Much much better than the first two InFamous games, can even play it without playing the first two too if you care about the story.

That's fine, he is a great voice actor but I love when he gives it a twist like his southern drawl Joel in The Last of Us and his upcoming role as Ocelot in MGS V:The Phantom Pain.

Its a bit of a clusterfuck tbh, I really wanted to buy a high end headset for mine, but there are absolutely none available that work for both game and chat at the moment. The high end last gen ones like the trittons and turtle beaches, whilst they now support 5.1 surround sound, they dont support voice even with the adapter.

Really? I thought the whole point of the adapter was it would support any of the old headsets?

I have some PX21's, reasonably cheap and I'm hoping they will work with the adapter. That said I cant get hold of an adapter as they seem to have sold out!! How can you play in a team on COD without chat?? I cant use the cheapo mic that it comes with as I get no game audio and if I turn the TV up the missus will go mental....

It's the only downside I have come across with the xbox one to be fair....it's an ugly mare but multiplayer runs lovely on it..

Edited by the_hedge

The only problem with using kinect is that everyone else in the room will hear it also.

Do you have to have the Kinect close to you to use it as a mic?

You misunderstand. the game sound and the game chat sound will come through your headphones. The talking you do will be picked up by the kinect, the new kinect is very sensitive, especially if the game audio isnt coming out of your telly or speakers.

You misunderstand. the game sound and the game chat sound will come through your headphones. The talking you do will be picked up by the kinect, the new kinect is very sensitive, especially if the game audio isnt coming out of your telly or speakers.

Oh I see. So all this time I have been talking through games of cod people can hear me through Kinect?

I looked at that last night and it set to on!!

I'm new to all this on the xbox as it just worked on the ps3. I have my headphones connected to my xbox via the optical cable and I get all the sound fine. If I join party chat with a friend will I hear them through my headset or do I need to connect my headset to my TC via the headphone socket?

not sure, I just use the bundled headset at the moment. whilst researching a proper headset, my head started to hurt there was so much conflicting information. I'm pretty sure any 3rd party headset needs the adapter though. TB have released the X04 and X07 headsets recently, that come bundled with the adapter, but I want a proper 5.1 or 7.1 headset.