NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building a PC is a doddle, it's just like meccano. Your best bet is often looking for a motherboard/chip/memory bundle and then going from there, as at least you guarantee compatibility with memory speeds if you aren't knowledgeable in the area. A good video card is the most important thing for a gaming machine.

Eurogamer do articles like this, always hadny for some basic principles

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-next-gen-digital-foundry-pc

well my early impressions of titanfall havent been good. I'm willing to accept that this could either be new game/new server issues, or even that my own internet connection may have been flaky at the time, but the short time I played it yesterday - it hanged twice on the sign in screen, causing me to quit the game, then reboot the console, just to get past the title screen, and the gameplay itself was horrid. Massive, massive slowdown - to the point were it was juddering to an unplayable level.

Dark Souls 2 has got to be the hardest game I've ever played. I knew when I bought it that it was hard, but I had no idea it would be like this. I'm just about starting to get used to the game and the controls now though.

If you're looking for a challenge then I'd seriously recommend this game. You have to figure out every by yourself, there's no maps showing you where to go or anything unlike Skyrim and most other RPGs. I've put in 20 hours since Friday and I'm still only 3 bosses in.. Loving it atm.

Titanfall improves with your skill, it took a while to get comfortable with it after the hiatus since the beta, but familiarity with the controls and mechanics soon make it enjoyable. The matchmaking is ridiculous though, as a level 10 or so, I was frequently thrown in with level 49's and people with 1 or 2X prestige, and i would be the only one sub 20ish.

I doubt I've even played half of the maps yet, the campaign feels like a bit of a bind, becuase even though its multiplayer based, its still not really where I wanna be playing, its just that you have to do the campaign twice to unlock all of the titan chassis for use in MP. I suppose its decent as a tutorial, but I could do without a 4 hour tutorial tbh.

But I'm sending a "big up" to Respawn, they really have shaken up a pretty tired genre in the FPS.

Only thing is, Naval Strike comes out for BF4 tomorrow, and I can see me hopping straight back into that, and not leaving for quite some time.

Finished "Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc" on the Vita the other day. Very enjoyable if you're into that sort of thing, but I can see how it would not be everyone's cup of tea.

I really want to play Virtue's Last Reward now, but I heard it is better to have played "999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" on the DS first, so I am giving that a spin now. Again, it's a sleuth-em-up with a great story and lots of puzzles to solve.

Finished "Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc" on the Vita the other day. Very enjoyable if you're into that sort of thing, but I can see how it would not be everyone's cup of tea.

I really want to play Virtue's Last Reward now, but I heard it is better to have played "999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" on the DS first, so I am giving that a spin now. Again, it's a sleuth-em-up with a great story and lots of puzzles to solve.

I want to play Virtue's Last Reward too, but like you, haven't played 999. Where did you get it from?

Sony have announed their VR headset Prototype: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/18/5523984/sony-reveals-project-morpheus-its-vr-system-for-ps4

Here's betting like most similar things, it gives me a might headache and makes me feel sick!

Have you had a chance to use the (1080p) Oculus Rift yet? Its a really impressive piece of kit, played surgeon simulator with it and it was hilarious, looking forward to see what the competition is like!

So MGS V: Ground Zeroes is out and I don't own a PS4 or the game. This is grim.

Going to wait for this and get Infamous instead, Ground Zeroes will be a lot cheaper towards the full release, may as well just wait and play them one after the other. Never really understood the reason behind releasing a prologue and charging for it either.

Have you had a chance to use the (1080p) Oculus Rift yet? Its a really impressive piece of kit, played surgeon simulator with it and it was hilarious, looking forward to see what the competition is like!

Nope! I'll have to find somewhere with it on display as in general these things really do give me a bad headache but maybe the technology has moved on. (I can't see it, the other week I tried playing BF3 and after about 20 minutes I felt sick.)

I downloaded Stick of Truth last night (Quite late, when I remembered about cdkeys.com being mentioned here.) only played the first 30 minutes but enjoyed it. It's really just an interactive South Park Episode so far...but thats good enough for me.

Obviously went for the "jew" class.

Going to wait for this and get Infamous instead, Ground Zeroes will be a lot cheaper towards the full release, may as well just wait and play them one after the other. Never really understood the reason behind releasing a prologue and charging for it either.

It's essential DLC done the other way around, though you will get much more out of this than a DLC. I'm having to wait due to not having the money for a PS4 but it's killing me. I just want to play the newest instalment of MGS.

It was always the case, Respawn always said that it was only ever "the first" Titanfall that was xbone console exclusive, and when asked if future installments would come to different consoles I believe their reply was something along the lines of "I don't see why not"

I ditched my ps4 for the xbox one. Essentially for online play the PSN is still not up to the task. Ghosts runs so much better on the xbox one and Titanfall is soooo much fun.

Hopefully the PSN will improve now people are playing to play online with the 4 but it's miles behind xbox live.

I'm still undecided on titanfall, i enjoy some matches, but others are just too chaotic. I'm deffo going back to BF4 on tuesday when Naval Strike drops.

You got BF4 Mr Hedge?

Not yet but it's next on the list.

Titanfall is fun, I don't care about stats and just run around like a headless chicken, the opposite of how I play COD. It's not as addictive as COD though, it doesn't have that longevity. Couple of hours on Titanfall and I've had enough, dare I say too many Titans in some games?