NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

For me, BF4 looks just lovely on the 360. Its so frantic anyway, that if you are looking at textures, you're dead.

Had some great games on it yesterday, must have played 8-10 games of Rush, and in only 1 of those games did I have a positive k/d ratio at the end! Lesser men would have given up by now!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting video, dont know how accurate the info is, or if the guy is just trolling, but most of what he says is highly plausible. I said before it was launched that sony were gonna do exactly that MS originally planned to do with used games/DRM, so none of this really comes as much of a shock imho.

This is an interesting video, dont know how accurate the info is, or if the guy is just trolling, but most of what he says is highly plausible. I said before it was launched that sony were gonna do exactly that MS originally planned to do with used games/DRM, so none of this really comes as much of a shock imho.

that makes sense, then that this - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/16/playstation-4s-drm-locks-psn-games-to-your-account-on-other-consoles/ is genuine.

...could it be that it's only 2 users on PS4 ?

Looks like DRM will come to pass, not sure how that screws both networks though.

Edited by 5co77ie

That video is bullshit. Sony said WELL in advance of Xbox announcing that PS4 will not be DRM, WELL in advance, way before X Box said they were doing it and the bad reaction to x box.

The only thing Sony changed was include the camera which they have confirmed but changed their mind.

Also they've COMPLETELY made aware that you need the disc of ps3 games if you want the upgrade they haven't hidden this at all.

This guy is just blowing smoke and the whole thing just seems anti Sony.

Im sure at some point DRM was thought about in the PS4, I mean it would be stupid if they didn't discuss it as a company but theres no way, x box did their presentation, and hours later Sony completely redid theirs to include no DRM, no chance. A decision was made long before and so what if they did, neither are doing it, end of.

And this guy, going oh online play is gunna be flawed, well every new console has faults and teething problems, its a given.

AND he's going on about the wii u will have 1080p but xbox one and PS4 may not. He does know the Wii U is running the same game as the 360 and PS3 it will be an inferior game to both those versions but they will have 1080p

Hes just talking utter shit and trying to make it sound like he's dropping bombs.

That video is bullshit. Sony said WELL in advance of Xbox announcing that PS4 will not be DRM, WELL in advance, way before X Box said they were doing it and the bad reaction to x box.

The only thing Sony changed was include the camera which they have confirmed but changed their mind.

Also they've COMPLETELY made aware that you need the disc of ps3 games if you want the upgrade they haven't hidden this at all.

This guy is just blowing smoke and the whole thing just seems anti Sony.

Im sure at some point DRM was thought about in the PS4, I mean it would be stupid if they didn't discuss it as a company but theres no way, x box did their presentation, and hours later Sony completely redid theirs to include no DRM, no chance. A decision was made long before and so what if they did, neither are doing it, end of.

And this guy, going oh online play is gunna be flawed, well every new console has faults and teething problems, its a given.

AND he's going on about the wii u will have 1080p but xbox one and PS4 may not. He does know the Wii U is running the same game as the 360 and PS3 it will be an inferior game to both those versions but they will have 1080p

Hes just talking utter shit and trying to make it sound like he's dropping bombs.

What about

One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with purchasing account.

- from my link is it fake?

Loving BF4 MP, even though I'm still largely shit at it. It really does become a lot less disorientating as you progress. Map familiarity is a massive one, knowing the lines of assault, and where to expect your enemy to be is a big help, I'm not sure wether its those factors, or better kit that makes getting kills easier, its probably somewhere inbetween. But there are some really epic bits in it.

this is absolutely stunning

Leaving PS Plus:
27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy
27th November: MotorStorm RC
27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN [PS4]
29th November: Contrast [PS4]
27th November: Grid 2 [PS3]
27th November: Guacamelee! [Cross Buy]
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed [Vita]
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories [Vita/PSP]

I paid for Guacamelee in a sale a few months ago, a real fun little game :)

Well still undecided on the ps4 or xbox one, you guys know of any respected reviews on the net? Been reading online from different sources and there doesn't seem a clear favorite. Is it more a flip of a coin which you prefer?

Not quite flip of a coin, but the only significant differences are a few exclusive gamelines and the controllers.

Well still undecided on the ps4 or xbox one, you guys know of any respected reviews on the net? Been reading online from different sources and there doesn't seem a clear favorite. Is it more a flip of a coin which you prefer?

You can talk about specs but it's pointless (tho PS4 is slightly better) what it should come down to is what games you like. Sony has Knack, Killzone, Order: 1886 and Infamous: Second Son where as Microsoft has Killer Instinct (I loved it in the 90's!), Dead Rising 3, Fable Legends and new Halo.

As for my thoughts, fuck Xbox. I don't trust them to keep their word and introduce their stupid no 2nd hand games and spy camera policies.

Edited by jump

I believe it works for PS3 deals on PS+, as long as you 'purchase' them, they can be downloaded at a later date.

Not sure if it will work for queueing up PS4 items on the PS3 though, I'll give it a try though (is there anything on PS+ yet for the PS4?)

Sony have said they're surprised at the reaction that PS4 can't do mp3 playback, read cds or DNLA support and said they will add these features to PS4 in a future update.

So there you go I see it was mentioned in here, they're adding the feature back in.

Has anyone actually ever played a CD on their current Xbox or PS3?! CDs are a dying format, and not being able to play them on a PS4 is no big deal. Lack of DNLA support is a bit stupid though.

Leaving PS Plus:

27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy

27th November: MotorStorm RC

27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering PS Plus:

29th November: RESOGUN [PS4]

29th November: Contrast [PS4]

27th November: Grid 2 [PS3]

27th November: Guacamelee! [Cross Buy]

27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed [Vita]

27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories [Vita/PSP]

I paid for Guacamelee in a sale a few months ago, a real fun little game :)

Ooh Guacamelee, I've been wanting to play that. GTA is a nice little bonus too.

If I queue up the PS4 PS+ deals on the website, if I get a PS4 in the future do you think they'll be there? Does that even make sense?!

I only have a Vita, but I always "purchase" all the free PS3 titles that are available. It still shows them as purchased now, even though they are no longer free, so I'm assuming that if I ever bought a PS3 I would be able to download them all. I will be "purchasing" all the free PS4 titles soon too, even though I am not currently planning on buying one just yet.

The launch line-up of both consoles it absolutely crap. I'm probably going to wait until at least next Christmas before deciding to get one or the other.

It also occurred to me the other day that I have bought a grand total of 1 game that was released this year (Far Cry Blood Dragon). Spelunky was released on the Vita this year, but it originally came out on the xbox in 2012, so it doesn't really count. It is definintely my favourite game of the year though.

It has been a really poor year for games if you ask me.