ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant Wait anymore

Flying out to London Tomorrow from Johannesburg, South Africa, before touring UK, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands and then in Brussels the 2nd and 3rd of July before heading to RW! Quick questions.

1) I have decided to leave my small hiking tent and buy a tent there. Will I be able to pick up a decent 3 man tent in Brussels and if so where? If not what other options do I have? Should I buy in London and trek it with me through Europe? (Would rather buy in Brussels)

2) Planning to stay in B0, whats the Vibe like and how far is it from the Festival!

Gonna be EPIC

Edited by DieSwartGevaar

Based on the arena map on the website, how do you even get from the main stage to the other two? I can't work it out...

Thursday evening's going to involve a lot of running between the main stage and the barn for Vampire Weekend, Biffy Clyro, The National and Bloc Party. I was perfectly happy missing a fair amount of Vampire Weekend and The National to catch full Biffy and Bloc Party sets, but both have released great albums this year (especially The National) so I want to see as much of them as I can.

My wife and I originally had the hotel package booked but cancelled it as we felt it was too expensive and we'd go for the regular tickets.

However.... Turns out that they had sold out (doh!) so went with the unfamiliar option of purchasing two tickets from ViaGoGo. Assumed at the time that they would be physical tickets but checking on the order status it now says they're e-tickets which I'm really concerned about (what's to stop someone selling the same e-ticket multiple times?)

Nothing has been sent so far as apparently they are waiting for the seller to forward on the e-ticket. Have those who went via the official channels received their e-tickets yet?

After reading some ViaGoGo horror stories I'm really worried about actually getting in now. Is anyone here in the same boat or has had some experience of getting festival tickets via ViaGoGo in the past?

Thanks,

A concerned Skunkfish.

My wife and I originally had the hotel package booked but cancelled it as we felt it was too expensive and we'd go for the regular tickets.

However.... Turns out that they had sold out (doh!) so went with the unfamiliar option of purchasing two tickets from ViaGoGo. Assumed at the time that they would be physical tickets but checking on the order status it now says they're e-tickets which I'm really concerned about (what's to stop someone selling the same e-ticket multiple times?)

Nothing has been sent so far as apparently they are waiting for the seller to forward on the e-ticket. Have those who went via the official channels received their e-tickets yet?

After reading some ViaGoGo horror stories I'm really worried about actually getting in now. Is anyone here in the same boat or has had some experience of getting festival tickets via ViaGoGo in the past?

Thanks,

A concerned Skunkfish.

Edited by rawaudioinput

@rawaudioinput

Thanks for the advice. Saw that bit on the Rock Werchter website about second-hand tickets after we'd bought them, that's what started me getting a little concerned - as well as some negative feedback on Trustpilot about Viagogo.

I think it's probably too late to back out now and join the waiting list, tried that in 2010 soon after they sold out and had no luck...

Has everyone who booked received their e-ticket already? A little concerned that Viagogo still say they are waiting for the tickets to be released...

@rawaudioinput

Thanks for the advice. Saw that bit on the Rock Werchter website about second-hand tickets after we'd bought them, that's what started me getting a little concerned - as well as some negative feedback on Trustpilot about Viagogo.

I think it's probably too late to back out now and join the waiting list, tried that in 2010 soon after they sold out and had no luck...

Has everyone who booked received their e-ticket already? A little concerned that Viagogo still say they are waiting for the tickets to be released...

Just got round to booking the free train travel from Brussels Airport to Leuven... figured it out in the end - it was not as straight forward as I'd imagined it would be - but, it's done... although my confirmation e-mail w/ attached tickets hasn't turned up yet.

Counting down the days!

Excited for my 2013 festival season to kick off.

(Think I'm going to get Smashing Pumpkins tickets for the Tuesday night in Glasgow, and get into the live music and booze zone the night before flying out to Brussels)