ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi helpful folk on here! Really can't wait for this festival now, my first European festival adventure and the lineup is fantastic.

Couple of questions:

• On the festival help page it mentions no fires of any sorts (fires, torches, candles, cookers, charcoal BBQ, etc.:), I'm guessing this includes little disposable bbqs which I usually take to UK festivals, but just wanted confirmation that was the case? If so it looks like I can take a small gas burner.
  • Is the 12 can per person limit enforced? I won't drink more than that in a day but it saves multiple car trips.
  • The festival map out today shows the campsites in relation to the festival, but there is no sort of scale on it. I don't mind a 20-30 minute walk (I go to Download every year!) so can I walk to the arena from the campsite.

Sorry if these have been answered, but I answer repeated questions on the Download forums all year so it's my turn to be the daft one xD

Hi kris

No real limit on alcohol, im presuming its just to stop people taking huge amounts to sell on.

Depending where you camp(obviously), if you have xl camping it will be about 10-15 minute wal. Although it takes longer further your away its on a road so no muddy fields to walk through.

Im not totally sure but im sure ive seen the odd disposable bbq floating around, perhaps send rock werchter a message on twitter or post a message on there facebook page.

Thanks! I'm XL camping and my ferry arrives in Dunkirk at about 3pm Wednesday so I should be there in time to get a decent spot. 10-15 minute walk is great, I was preparing for more than that!

I'll send them a message on twitter and see if they reply!

After that I just have to sort out my timetable for bands and then all I have to worry about is the weather! I'm praying to god for nice weather! Got drowned at Download last year and I live in Bramham so Leeds Fest is a non-issue if it's rainy. Not had a sunny festival for so long!

After that I just have to sort out my timetable for bands and then all I have to worry about is the weather! I'm praying to god for nice weather! Got drowned at Download last year and I live in Bramham so Leeds Fest is a non-issue if it's rainy. Not had a sunny festival for so long!

Haha, I had a very poor weather record with festivals last year. If anyones putting a curse on Werchter, it's me, just by being there!

Sounds good on the last couple of years though! Hopefully it's a trend that continues, although it was high 20s/low 30s at Download in 2006 and that was a tough day. Cool nights are welcome when it's like that. It will never get too cold with Rammstein around anyway!!

Got my Werchter week all sorted now.

We (9 of us) are staying at my mates in London on the Monday, getting the eurostar to Brussels on Tuesday. Going out in Brussels Tuesday night and then staying in Brussels for the night. Using our free train to get to Leuven and then the free bus to Werchter. Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun at the festival and then back travel back on Monday.

Anyone that has been before know if there's any supermarkets in Werchter we can pick beer up from? And I think I've read something in here that talks about shuttle-buses from Werchter to the campsite or something like that?

Not long now! Cannot wait!

Can't believe it's our 7th year!! really looking forward to the line up this year. yes, there is normally a temporary "supermarket" in werchter where you can buy beer plus the carrefor bus (never used this) - don't expect a big choice but it's there. they also do things like basic fruit and food in case you need something away from the festival site.

Edited by MonkeyHorse