ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping somebody could help me.

I've already been to Werchter, however this will be the first time coming from Amsterdam. Which train should I take and what stops? Because the E-ticket is only valid within the belgian borders and i've found so many different answers on the internet that now i'm confused!

I was hoping somebody could help me.

I've already been to Werchter, however this will be the first time coming from Amsterdam. Which train should I take and what stops? Because the E-ticket is only valid within the belgian borders and i've found so many different answers on the internet that now i'm confused!

Hi guys

Hoping some of you Werchter veterans may be able to help a newbie out. After being someone who habitually went to at least one UK festival a year (Download last year, TITP for a number of years before that), the line-up for Rock Werchter has enticed me to make the trip into Europe.

I was just wondering what the chances of buying some camping equipment were in either the vicinity of Brussels airport, or the town of Leuven? I would be hoping to carry a very minimal amount of luggage with me from home, and hoped to be able to get a disposable two-man tent of some kind in Belgium itself. Obviously, I'm guessing there's going to be a decent market for this around that time.

Also, in terms of the festival itself, what sort of times would the bands be starting/finishing? Maybe this question has already been answered, but 85 pages is quite a lot to trawl through.

Thanks a lot, guys!

C83

I just bought tickets to see The National in Milano on July 1st. That means I can go and see Biffy Clyro with no regrets at Rock Werchter :)

Muse, Bon Jovi and The National in Italy before RW :)

...and now I'm trying to convince my wife we to go visit her uncle in Luxemburg straight after Rock Werchter(Smashing Pumpkins are playing in Luxemburg Thursday July 9th :D ) and then come back to Belgium on Friday July 12th and go on Friday night to Rock Zottegem to see Bush and then on Saturday to TW Classic to see the BOSS :) Good plan? :D

I just bought tickets to see The National in Milano on July 1st. That means I can go and see Biffy Clyro with no regrets at Rock Werchter :)

Muse, Bon Jovi and The National in Italy before RW :)

...and now I'm trying to convince my wife we to go visit her uncle in Luxemburg straight after Rock Werchter(Smashing Pumpkins are playing in Luxemburg Thursday July 9th :D ) and then come back to Belgium on Friday July 12th and go on Friday night to Rock Zottegem to see Bush and then on Saturday to TW Classic to see the BOSS :) Good plan? :D

I always said once I hit 40 I will retire from going to festivals and I am 39...There are other reasons though finding it harder to justify the expense and mostly my daughter is 4 in june and is becoming more noticeable when im away.

Just feel like the right time, I will probably go to iceland airwaves again next year for a longer visit though.

Edited by Trufflehound

I always said once I hit 40 I will retire from going to festivals and I am 39...There are other reasons though finding it harder to justify the expense and mostly my daughter is 4 in june and is becoming more noticeable when im away.

Just feel like the right time, I will probably go to iceland airwaves again next year for a longer visit though.

Hi guys

Hoping some of you Werchter veterans may be able to help a newbie out. After being someone who habitually went to at least one UK festival a year (Download last year, TITP for a number of years before that), the line-up for Rock Werchter has enticed me to make the trip into Europe.

I was just wondering what the chances of buying some camping equipment were in either the vicinity of Brussels airport, or the town of Leuven? I would be hoping to carry a very minimal amount of luggage with me from home, and hoped to be able to get a disposable two-man tent of some kind in Belgium itself. Obviously, I'm guessing there's going to be a decent market for this around that time.

Also, in terms of the festival itself, what sort of times would the bands be starting/finishing? Maybe this question has already been answered, but 85 pages is quite a lot to trawl through.

Thanks a lot, guys!

C83

Don't think you will find camping equipment at/around Brussels airport or around the festival (Werchter).

There's an AS Adventure City Store in the city center of Leuven, not that far from the station. If you're lucky, there are any (cheap) tents available.

http://www.asadventure.com/benl/index.cfm/fuseaction/main.shops/id_shop/60

Others:

The North Face City shop: http://www.cityfashion.be/be/nl/leuven/hopping/2842/the-north-face.html

Other travel and adventure stores in Leuven (never been there, they look expensive if you're only need a tent for a few days):

Kariboe Leuven: http://www.kariboe.be/contact/

Hopper Leuven: http://www.hopper.be/nl/winkel/info/onze-winkels#Leuven

Some supermarkets and stores will sell cheap tents during the summer, perfect for a few festival days.

Good luck!