ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

I wouldn't be surprised to see Radiohead next year at RW....but I agree with thetime, lets wait until after July :)

But what more names can we expect to get this year? Triggerfinger? Maroon 5? 2manydjs? LimpBizkit? Paramore? Coheed and Cambira? Kraftwerk?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dour and Werchter aren't as close as Pukkelpop and Werchter, and there have been announcements of both festivals on the same day before. So it's still possible, though I'm starting to think those last days of April/first of May are more appropriate indeed.

Oh and: The Vaccines have been announced for Dour months ago, so no worries. Black Stone Cherry and BFMV don't appeal to the Werchter crowd, AIC is still possible, though I think it's weird their tour schedule is still that empty halfway April.

BFMV are playing Graspop. I heard Alice In Chains cancelled their european tour apart from Download, looking for info on that now.

BFMV and Black Stone Cherry don’t appeal? but Metallica, Mastodon, Within Temptation, Wolfmother, Rise Against, Maiden, Slayer have all played previously. Also Rammstain, Volbeat, Graveyard, ADTR, Trash Talk this year. I'm sure both will play in the future.

Metallica, Mastodon, Within Temptation, Wolfmother, Rammstein, Volbeat still get some airplay on Studio Brussel, the radio station which is an important partner of Werchter. Maiden and Slayer are such legends that quite some non-metal fans would check them out as well. Trash Talk is there cause of a package deal (Odd Future clan), and Graveyard isn't quite as hard as the other two (doing a lot of other commercial festivals as well).

I've been going to Werchter for 6 years now, and I would bet that they'll never play. Black Stone Cherry hasn't even got wide appeal in Belgium, MFMV is Pukkelpop/Graspop material.