The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

well if Kaiser Chiefs won't go against Arctics then Noel won't.

Is it that unrealistic to think Kaiser Cheifs might headline the John Peel though? Their stock has fallen a lot. One things for sure if Kaiser's were 3rd on main friday, Noel is subbing the Arctics as he isn't going to play below them.

Noel into the Arctics does sound good, though I couldn't see much crowd movement at sub.

Is The Beach Boys subbing Arctics possible, a guy on here said about he reckons there might be an old guitar band before Arctics.

Arctic Monkeys

The Beach Boys

Noel Gallagher

that'd be some top 3 for opening day.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if Kaiser Chiefs won't go against Arctics then Noel won't.

Is it that unrealistic to think Kaiser Cheifs might headline the John Peel though? Their stock has fallen a lot. One things for sure if Kaiser's were 3rd on main friday, Noel is subbing the Arctics as he isn't going to play below them.

Noel into the Arctics does sound good, though I couldn't see much crowd movement at sub.

Is The Beach Boys subbing Arctics possible, a guy on here said about he reckons there might be an old guitar band before Arctics.

Arctic Monkeys

The Beach Boys

Noel Gallagher

that'd be some top 3 for opening day.

just my personal, but i don't think a band should be given a headline spot because their stock has fallen. headlining should be for bands on the way up, who have earned that spot, not because they are now not as big as they were a few years back.

i dunno if it actually works out that way, i'm sure there are plenty of examples to the contrary.

in specific relation to the Kaiser Chiefs though, they really shouldn't be playing anywhere, ever imo, but again im sure there is plenty of evidence against me!

I agree with you, they are awful now, no album recognition, they can't give tickets away.

There is the headline aspect of it but John Peel would still be viable against the Arctics for them in there. They subbed the Other Stage last time, your only scenario otherwise at the minute would be having Arctics, Noel (if true) and Kaiser's likely in 1st, 3rd and 4th. Would there be enough crowd movement?

Off the top of my head if some of the below get announced i will be a very happy man!

Justice

Tame Impala

Smashing Pumpkins

Friendly Fires

The Maccabees

Little Dragon

Joey Bada$$

New Order

Id especially love to see Justice through to New Order in the headline slots of the Other stage one night, that would be a wicked party!

Edited by Familiar2billions

Off the top of my head if some of the below get announced i will be a very happy man!

Justice

Tame Impala

Smashing Pumpkins

Friendly Fires

The Maccabees

Little Dragon

Joey Bada$$

New Order

Id especially love to see Justice through to New Order in the headline slots of the Other stage one night, that would be a wicked party!

Wow really? I would be massively shocked if he played, hes not gonna have a record out or be touring unless hes completely fooling everyone, and he's a lazy bastard who loves a massive break after a tour. I thought 2014/15 was a much more likely time for him.