The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

But very good ranting, I agree. However its missing the point that the majority of indie landfill is aimed at that radio 1 market and comes out of god awful Britpop, 'avin it large. They court it as much as anyone, which is why this whole "anything that doesn't have a guitar isn't important" attitude spouted by some (not necessarily yourself) is laughable.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my bag, but the likes of Beyonce and Gaga are a billion times more important to the festival than Shed Seven or The Wombats or the 'king Kaiser Chiefs.

I'd go see a reformed Kajagoogoo over the Kaiser Chiefs. They are wrong.

Adding so much to a comment I was already replying to is surely cheating!!

Completely agree - the guitar isn't important. But the motive and the sentiment are. And whilst I genuinely loved THe Bluetones and Shed Seven, I hated Gay Dad in reality. I actually saw them play at a festival (I think Reading) and they were utter, marketed shite. Just like Gaga! (couldn't resist).

Gay Dad were a bunch of music journo's who thought britpop didn't sound that hard and thought they'd give it a go themselves weren't they?

The only interesting thing they did was prove exactly how far you can get with all the right connections but no musical ability.

Couldn't care less. I'm not trying to say that Gay Dad were anything more than a decent Indie band, alot better than most other acts around that time. It seems their back story got them alot of hatred but I couldn't give a shit about who they were or what they did, all I care about is their music which I personally enjoy. :)