Ticket sales slower this year ?

Guest thespiral

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is the best End of the Road line-up ever then? There are over 40 acts I'd like to see in total, many of which I hadn't heard of before they were announced but have proven to be very nice discoveries. There's obviously the 'repeat' factor which will put some people off but on the whole I think they've chosen some of the best acts from previous years.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it, I was thinking about it earlier there's loads of my favourite bands/ acts playing this year. I can't think of a festival where there's been so many acts I really really want to see.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is the best End of the Road line-up ever then? There are over 40 acts I'd like to see in total, many of which I hadn't heard of before they were announced but have proven to be very nice discoveries. There's obviously the 'repeat' factor which will put some people off but on the whole I think they've chosen some of the best acts from previous years.

Hi GM, I think any negativity on here is forbidden.

I don't know if I hadn't already got an earlybird, that the line up would persuade me to come. Saying that there are some smaller bands that I like, but I still don't get the Grandaddy thing. It seems that as I missed them first time around I don't have any emotional attatchment.

Re the scientology connection they do seem to be getting a bit of a bashing in the press of late. having said that I have never seen any promotion of it at the festival. But *sigh* I'm not sure what to think.

Driver Drive Faster worth checking out, I prefer Cold Specks to Alabama Shakes but they seem to be in a similar vein. With you on Deep Dark Woods :))

And as for the scientology thing - I'm as anti-religious as the next man (if the next man is Richard Dawkins); if anyone can point to a single instance of any religion affecting the festival, from lineup to catering to stalls to anything else, you won't see me for dust.

Edited by bennyhana22

In response to the 'brilliant line-up'. I have not heard of the following. Now i don't claim be know every band, but given i'm a promoter and a booking agent i am familiar with quite a lot of bands, be it 'rootsy' or otherwise. Now, i'm not saying that these bands below are not any good, far from it, i would never say a band is crap until i'd heard them. My point is (again) that if they are looking for reasons for slow sales, perhaps given that the following is almost 3/4 of the line-up, there may be a reason there too. While SOME people will have heard of the following, are there enough people who have who are willing to fork out £130 for a ticket then add whatever else on top for a festival weekend to see them? Personally i'm not sure there are. But you know, who am i?

I'm sure everyone will still have great fun though, which is the main thing really.

Edited by GeordieMartin

I'm new to EOTR this year, just fancied trying something a bit smaller than Latitude (really wouldn't want to go any bigger) now is. I'm not desperately excited by the line up (but very thankful Joanna Newsom isn't on it) but there is enough there to get me to fork out for a pair of tickets and try some new music.

It came down to EOTR or Festival no6 and EOTR won in the end, camping in North Wales in September had to be considered. We might give no 6 a go next year who knows (though I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the hotel/village accommodation which would have been nice).

Well GM - I have to say I'm a bit surprised about some on your list.....Perfume Genius has just headlined a stage at Latitude and 2:54, King Charles and Cold Specks have all been well hyped this year.

But I'm most perturbed that you think 33 is 3/4 of 88!!!!

Oh the shocking state of mathematics nowadays.........

Welcome Cmouse....

I only just saw that Festival No 6 and it did look interesting, Ive always wanted to go to Portmerion (if thats how you spell it), but it is halfway through september isn't it so it might be a bit chilly for camping. EoTR used to be later in Sept and I have fond memories of being freezing every night the first time I went.

At 10k capacity EoTR is smaller than No 6.

Hope you enjoy it!

Hi Perfectpassion

I was told no 6 was meant to be 7.5k by one of the Latitude BLM bods who mailed and asked them but I've not seen anywhere confirming that figure what have you heard it is?

I think we made the right choice though, we'll just go and see Port Meirion another time :-)

Hi Perfectpassion

I was told no 6 was meant to be 7.5k by one of the Latitude BLM bods who mailed and asked them but I've not seen anywhere confirming that figure what have you heard it is?

I think we made the right choice though, we'll just go and see Port Meirion another time :-)

For me (and I'm afraid I haven't checked out many of the lower down acts as it were), all of the main acts, while all great, veer towards the sincere maybe - I can understand the hopes that were for the Flaming Lips as there's the event element to their show, and narry a sign of Bob Log to bring a smile to faces either

When I was still undecided I got this comment (cheers Marc) on the 18th July

i asked Festival No6 a few things a couple of weeks ago, got this reply - "The festival will be kept quite intimate this year with no more than 7,500 people. There are around 8 venues, most of which will be either be tented or undercover. The full line up breakdown for each venue will be released in the next 2 weeks on Facebook."

Well GM - I have to say I'm a bit surprised about some on your list.....Perfume Genius has just headlined a stage at Latitude and 2:54, King Charles and Cold Specks have all been well hyped this year.

But I'm most perturbed that you think 33 is 3/4 of 88!!!!

Oh the shocking state of mathematics nowadays.........

sorry not into religion but had to comment on this Scientology thing. Religion has no place at a festival and so far have not seen any aspects of religion at EOTR. Doesn't Christianity also support Homophobia and nearly every other religion and we don't worry that we pay money to the church everyday. Where are we gonna draw the line!! Are we gonna boycott every Tom Cruise film as some of his money goes to Scientology ( though a bad example as his films normally suck ) or any other famous people told u not into religion. The reason they are quiet about it is because it is nobody's business what your beliefs are.

Ofcourse if I got there this year and they were signs of Scientology or any other religion at the festival then I will think again