• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Funny hearing people on the radio brainwashed by brand Beckham. I admire his brand tapping into patriotism as a clever marketing tactic but no other sports in.the Olympics consider patriotism in selection.

Also heard one woman say he is still the most skillful player in.Britain and another that he is still the best set piece taker in the world, if I was the presenter I would have had a field day taking those comments on.

I think Booby Charlton should be in the team GB squad. He's the greatest midfielder this country has ever produced, and there's no one who's done more to represent English football over the years.

And I reckon Trevor Brooking should be in the squad too. All he's done for football with his work for the FA and more means that he deserves it.

I think Booby Charlton should be in the team GB squad. He's the greatest midfielder this country has ever produced, and there's no one who's done more to represent English football over the years.

And I reckon Trevor Brooking should be in the squad too. All he's done for football with his work for the FA and more means that he deserves it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18657633

Im in favour of increasing the amount of teams to 24 as I think it will increase Wales chance of qualifying. However I hate the idea of spreading the tournament over loads of countries. 3 is pushing it but again I dont mind if one is Wales. In general I am not really in favour of spreading these tournaments that arent really set up to run such a tournament and fill the stadiums in the long term. If the euros was rotated amongst 6 or 7 countries who could all host the thing on their own and make use of the facilities after, I wouldnt have a problem with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18657633

Im in favour of increasing the amount of teams to 24 as I think it will increase Wales chance of qualifying. However I hate the idea of spreading the tournament over loads of countries. 3 is pushing it but again I dont mind if one is Wales. In general I am not really in favour of spreading these tournaments that arent really set up to run such a tournament and fill the stadiums in the long term. If the euros was rotated amongst 6 or 7 countries who could all host the thing on their own and make use of the facilities after, I wouldnt have a problem with this.

Do you have any intention of going to ones abroad?

I missed out on tickets to Poland and was gutted, but I'd love to do tournaments in Scandanavia, the former Yugoslavian states, a Czech/Slovak/Hungary tournament, one in the Baltics. England/Germany/Portugal/Spain/Italy/France would get repetitive, and expensive. Even a country with the footballing history of the Netherlands can't host a tournament on their own, I'm completely in favour of joint tournaments, although spread across 12 is getting ridiculous. 2-3 seems reasonable to me.

I was on the ballot for euro 2004 for tickets for wales, wasnt succesful but we lost our play off to russia anyway. I like the idea of the competition going abroad but often theory and practice is 2 different things. My main concern is the clubs left with stadiums that they cant afford. The fact is a lot of these countries just cannot sustain the attendances to look after these stadiums once built. Wrexham are in the 5th tier of English football yet our average attendance would not look out of place in a lot of european countries top leagues and nearly all (if not all) the big nations second divisions. A 10k stadium is fine for us, but put us in a 30k stadium we would end up like darlington, it would be no different to a lot of clubs in these smaller nations. The stadium may look nice but it wont pay the bills.