• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

I disagree, financial resources are the number 1 contributing factor to a football clubs success. You have the most money, you get the best players. It doesnt mattert the country or the league, those who spend the most money, generally get the most points.

I disagree, financial resources are the number 1 contributing factor to a football clubs success. You have the most money, you get the best players. It doesnt mattert the country or the league, those who spend the most money, generally get the most points.

I didnt say its the only factor, I said its the most important factor which I think is pretty clear. Look at all the leagues throughout europe and the rich teams are at the top and the poor teams at the bottom, of course there are exceptions but you cant use exceptions to disprove a rule. The last 2 years wrexhams league was won by teams spending wages comparable with teams 2 leagues above. If you spend slightly more than the rest, then its true you have to still be pretty clever. If you blow everyone else out of the water you have to be pretty stupid to fail.

However Rangers by the fact that they have spent more on youth scouting and been able to attract far better younger players than the others in the league will naturally have better 16-20 year olds than the other teams in their league. I wouldnt be surprised if it takes Rangers some time to adapt to the league, but there really is no excuse for Rangers not winning the league and I fully expect they will win it comfortably once things settle down. I think the average attendance in the league is about 500, so there can be hardly any money going through the turnstyles of the other side. Despite Rangers finaincial problems,I am certain your wage budget must be multiples of any other side.

Thats very disappointing, I know the premiership is all about the money, but for a club like Newcastle with working class roots to advertise a company who makes rich people richer by exploiting poorer vulnerable people is disappointing. I remember only a few months ago saying if Wonga got anywhere near wrexham, it would seriously test my loyalty as a fan. I take it you wont be buying a shirt then?

Blackpool had Wonga on their shirts when they were in the Prem didn't they? Don't think they got quite as much stick...

Hearts also have Wonga as sponsors. It's only Newc which is making people kick off tho.

From the TV story I saw this morning, I just want to add that the Wonga Stadium is the most ugly piece of shit building I think I've ever seen.