Brothers Festival Cider

Guest finnigan82

It may well be a controversial opinion on here (going by the fawning over it on the Glasto boards) but Brothers cider on tap is rank, especially the flavoured ones. I love Lemon Brothers but went for a pint of it at Glaston last year and it was foul. Not that surprising considering it's Pear Cider with a drop of Lemon concentrate.

My festival cider recommendation is Westons Wyld Wood Vintage. It comes in 3 litre boxes (no glass, inner bag can fairly easily be smuggled past security), it's naturally still so no need to worry about it going flat, and it's a pleasing 7.3% ABV. £7.49 from Waitrose.

Brothers pear cider is a fast track to drunkenness. It reminds me of the alco pops days, it's just too easy too drink, and you can drink it so quickly it's crazy. It tastes nice, it tastes sweet and you can hardly taste the alcohol in it I have found. And the queues to get it don't help, so I always feel obliged to get two rounds each time we get some ((saying that they are pretty good at getting the queues down and service is damn quick). Because we buy two rounds, because it's 7%+, and because it tastes like pear juice, two pints get both pints downed in 20 minutes. That's the equivalent of 4 pints of lager in 20 minutes

Result - bladdered in no time at all

That's the joy of Brothers pear cider!

It's legend

"Fast track to drunkeness"

2 pints of 4% pee for double the money sending you to the rinals or drops every 15 mins if yur old like me or 7%+ of cold sweet strong half fluid headwarmer. No brainer in my book.

Oh and with the Jazz World West Holts field to sit, chill and listen while blowin smoke rings, what more could a man want.

Edited by whisty

Right, I have done lots of scientific analysis of this today (at least 5 minutes) to work out if Brothers iis as good as we/I think it is. What I have established Is that there is a mathematical equation to work out the greatness of a pint. Here it is.

The greatness of a pint =

Strength of alcohol content (abv%)

----------------------------------------------

Pleasantness/ease of drinking ratio

The pleasantness / ease of drinking ratio is a subjective measure of how easy/nice it is to drink, between 0 and 1 (1 being like drinking gravel, 0 is liking drinking your mothers breat milk - in a good way)

So Brothers greatness is approx

7 / 0.2 = 35. That's a bloody good drinking ratio imo, so please let me know if anything beats it. That's why Brother is great

Case closed .... Or is it?....

please explain. I'm planning on going on foot, travelling light to a fest for the first time for me ever probably. the plan was to splash out and but absolutley everything there or off my kind neighbours. what have I let myself in for? as in whats avaialble drinkwise? do they take just cash or is it tokens? is it just in arena or "bars" near camping area?

thank you please

To be fair Bestival was the most lax festival i have ever been to in terms of being searched with drink, every single run back to the arena was just a "come on in" kind of thing, made it cheaper. Bestival should really branch out on the alcohol front, I respect festivals so much more if they have more than tuborg and gaymers. Brothers was alright when they made it 7% for a bit without being too much more, pretty sure it was a festival edition actually.