Sales?

Guest CE6

Call me Mr state the bleeding obivous..... but despite being a great set of headliners.... they all played headline slots last year, 2 of them at the same festival. All my mates who love the Foos saw them at MK bowl... me and My Missus saw the Cure at Bestival and anybody who loves Kasabian has ample chance to see them last year.

That must be a factor in sales?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40, and I'll turn 41 during the festival.

To be honest we're only going to Leeds because there is no Glasto this year. I last went to Leeds in 2000 and woke on the Monday morning to find myself surrounded by armaggedon and nothing I've heard since indicates its changed much.

I'm happy with the lineup, while the atmosphere at Glasto is unique, I have missed the heavier nature of the music at Leeds. I suspect I'm in a minority of Glasto goers who would choose R/L as an alternative

T offering something new? :lol:....T and V are the most most repetitive of the lot really. (T for instance, Snow Patrol co-headlined with blur in 09, back again and Kasabian headlined in 2010. Ridiculous state of affairs there if you look at the rest of the lineup SHM, Chase & Status both back since last year). And Stone Roses, while new from the last few years, I am loathe to call it something new and genuinely exciting. Its hardly Arcade Fire making their first headline appearance..

Call me Mr state the bleeding obivous..... but despite being a great set of headliners.... they all played headline slots last year, 2 of them at the same festival. All my mates who love the Foos saw them at MK bowl... me and My Missus saw the Cure at Bestival and anybody who loves Kasabian has ample chance to see them last year.

That must be a factor in sales?

...I was talking about in relation to last year and even beyond that my point still stands.

Snow Patrol, The Stone Roses, Pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, Queen, Kiss, Faith No More, Springsteen, Tom Petty didn't hit any festivals last year (some of them for looong time before that)

Kasabian, Foos and The Cure all did Festies last year so in regards to recent festivals, yes, some thing new!

Edited by LondonTom

Reading/Leeds, TITP and V are all very mediocre this year wouldn't say any are bad (if thats the music that suits you for each one) other than being totally uninspiring and quite repetitive

Download while being quite repetitive have also got a lot of fresh acts as well as pulling out the big guns

IOW has a very similar feel as the first 3 apart from having 3 very unique headliners

Sonisphere have done best overall in terms of the lineup being relatively fresh but that is evened out by it being relatively poor quality imo

40, and I'll turn 41 during the festival.

To be honest we're only going to Leeds because there is no Glasto this year. I last went to Leeds in 2000 and woke on the Monday morning to find myself surrounded by armaggedon and nothing I've heard since indicates its changed much.

I'm happy with the lineup, while the atmosphere at Glasto is unique, I have missed the heavier nature of the music at Leeds. I suspect I'm in a minority of Glasto goers who would choose R/L as an alternative

Edited by 2rare2die

I'd say it's changed a fair bit since 2000 (my first Leeds. Still remember, vividly, waking up Monday night to a 10ft high wall of flames where the toilets used to be). If you camp on one of the sites a bit further out (purple/green) there is virtually no trouble at all on the last night.