• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Also to score the acts I saw

The Story So Far 6/10

Tonight Alive 6/10

Young Guns 4/10

Papa Roach 5/10 (only saw the first three songs)

Baby Godzilla 8/10

Neck Deep 6/10 (only saw the first four songs)

A Day To Remember 8/10

A Wilhelm Scream 6/10 (missed the start and I never listen to them before)

The Wonder Years 10/10

Every Time I Die 8/10

letlive. 9/10

Blink 182 7/10

Gerard Way 2/10

Crossfaith 7/10

La Dispute 5/10

Drenge 7/10

Jimmy Eat World 6/10

Enter Shikari 9/10

Vampire Weekend 7/10

QOTSA 9.5/10 (only because I preferred The Wonder Years)

Paramore 8/10

Gnarwolves 8/10

Lonely The Brave 7/10 (only caught the last song as I wasn't planning on seeing them but PABH pulled out)

Marmozets (NME set) 5/10 (missed the end to find my friend)

Royal Blood 8/10

Lower Than Atlantis 6/10

The Hives 7/10

Foster The People 5/10 (missed the start as I slept through it and I was even in the arena)

Marmozets (The Pit set) 5/10 (I stumbled into this one by accident and the only reason I stay was because I could be bothered to find a new stage to only come back in a few minuets)

We Came As Romans 7/10

While She Sleeps 7/10

Bombay Bicycle Club 8/10

Arctic Monkeys 6/10

Pretty much a perfect festival for me, only downside was camping next to the biggest scumbags in P7 at Reading. Anyone who had the displeasure of walking past them knows what i'm talking about.

They spent all of Thursday slide-tackling anyone who walked past to the floor and by Sunday had covered a limbo bar in their own shit to cover any guys who walked underneath it with. It may sound funny but after hours and hours of it happening it started to become disgusting to watch, at least 3 people literally ran away crying after having it smeared in their face. I know that at least two of them I didn't see leave the campsite once and spent the last night running around purple starting fires and yelling 'I'M MDMA-MAZING'.

I was camped near these guys. They tried to burn my massive 8 man tent down at about 7am this morning as we were packing it away to 'save me some trouble', i told them to piss off so one of them punched me in the face breaking my glasses and they scarpered.

Crowd was full of shits this year at Reading, at La Dispute the people had clearly turned up because they just wanted to mosh and ruin the front section for those of us who wanted to sing along and enjoy it. Had the same problem in Marmozets.

Qotsa, Paramore and Blink all smashed their sets I think. Neck Deep and Basement were probably the best of all the other bands.

I was camped near these guys. They tried to burn my massive 8 man tent down at about 7am this morning as we were packing it away to 'save me some trouble', i told them to piss off so one of them punched me in the face breaking my glasses and they scarpered.

Should have round house kicked them. I'm not usually for violence but they sound like they could use a good hit in the face.

Crowd was full of shits this year at Reading, at La Dispute the people had clearly turned up because they just wanted to mosh and ruin the front section for those of us who wanted to sing along and enjoy it. Had the same problem in Marmozets.

Qotsa, Paramore and Blink all smashed their sets I think. Neck Deep and Basement were probably the best of all the other bands.

Seen these mentioned on here, seriously if someone did that to me I'd kick the shit out of them.

Some horrible stories on the @reading_leeds account , sounds shite.

Like the shite you'd hear about from Oxygen

Edited by Mouseboy11

Seen these mentioned on here, seriously if someone did that to me I'd kick the shit out of them.

Some horrible stories on the @reading_leeds account , sounds shite.

Like the shite you'd hear about from Oxygen

I've unfollowed 3 people today so far for retweeting loads of shite from that account, I don't fancy ever going back to Leeds after all these stories I've seen today, why do people have to behave like complete twats

Also why do people insist on burning their tents before they leave. They're not helping anyone at all but just creating a hazard. They claim it is easier to burn it than to take it home but wouldn't it be easier to just leave it then? Walking away requires no effort whatsoever.

To be honest it is not that hard to put down the tent and take it to the recycling point, you don't even need to put it in the bag just as along as it all there.

Had a really good time, not as many acts I really wanted to see this time round so had to make the most of who I did:

Friday

Deaf Havana - 4/10 - Probably a fair bit my fault for not learning a lot of the words, so didn't really know many songs, but they just seemed a bit middle of the road to me. Not particularly interesting.

Twin Atlantic - 8/10 - Band of the day I reckon. A fair few new songs, their new album was great, crowd seemed lively, and I usually prefer acts in tents anyway so they were better than last year.

Vampire Weekend - 6/10 - Quite fun, though I was pretty far back and I do prefer a lot of their older stuff.

Paramore - Only saw the first few songs, but they seemed really good, probably my favourite staging of all the headliners, and Hayley looked really energetic

Bipolar Sunshine - 5/10 - Pleasant but an ultimately tepid end to the day.

Couldn't get in for Jamie T, but didn't know much of his stuff anyway so went to Jimmy Eat World for a bit instead who seemed lively, tent was very full.

Saturday

X Ambassadors - 7/10 - A really good start to the best day for me, they killed it, really got the crowd going, and when Jamie N Commons came out for Jungle it was really good. Just wish the set could have been longer.

Royal Blood - 7/10 - Probably an 8 or 9 on their performance, they did really well, can't believe the noises they make just the two of them, but I couldn't get anywhere near the front and I like an active crowd, so not amazing. Also stepped out briefly to find out who was the special guest on the introducing stage. Found out it was Jake Bugg and left immediately. :P

Lower Than Atlantis - 9/10 - Got right to the front, was so much fun, the crowd were really good, singing, moshing but not being complete dickheads. Got me very excited for their new album.

The Hives - Heard a lot about how good they are live so watched a bit from the screens, he was probably one of the most enthusiastic frontmen I've ever seen but I can imagine it getting annoying after a while.

Don Broco - 7/10 - Pity I can't give more because these guys are always really fun, and while they do need a new album, as the songs are getting a bit old, the new song they played was good, and they do really give it their all (gotta love the running man). But the crowd were the polar opposite of LTA. Couldn't have been less friendly. We were a couple of metres from the front at the start, and ended up easily 50 metres back by the end was very annoying. And people kept trying to take my cider box man hat I had spent so long making. :P

Foster The People - Caught the last two songs, probably would have scored pretty highly, I saw them at BBK Live not too long ago and they did really well.

Imagine Dragons - 8/10 - Were really good last year in the tent, but was skeptical about how good they'd be on the main stage, acts are usually worse on the main stage I find. But they lived up to it, there were a few songs near the start I didn't really know, but from his speech about saying thank you onwards they took it up a couple gears and really impressed me, one of the few bands I've seen who have really pulled off the tent to main stage transition.

Band Of Skulls - 9/10 - Have wanted to see these guys for a very very long time and thought we were going to Bombay until a last minute change of plan. They were incredible, I love riff laden music like that and they really went for it, played all the hits, couldn't have asked for more. I genuinely could have ended the day there and it would have still been a wicked day. But still had to get through:

Arctic Monkeys - 7/10 - Probably the headliner I as most excited for. Unfortunately I was hoping for more. Couldn't have really asked for more from the setlist, very AM heavy (my favourite album), and they played all the songs from other albums I knew most of the words to. Alex Turner was entertaining as always, and R U Mine getting a mini encore was great as it's my favourite from AM. However, they just aren't the kind of band I think are a must-see live act. I like my music jumpy and my frontmen full of energy, and as skilled and talented as the boys are, I can't say I enjoyed them more than some of the rockier bands I saw. Save for a few songs (dancefloor, obviously, and sun goes down) I couldn't help but get the feeling I would have the same experience watching on TV. The staging wasn't that exciting (no fireworks or confetti at all?) and the crowd was packed but again, mostly unenergetic. Despite all that, they are entertaining and I did enjoy their set, just not as much as other bands.

Sunday

Royal Concept - 9/10 - Another band I've wanted to see for ages, but they haven't been over here (or even released their album properly here) ever I think, so it was great to finally see them, they seemed really pleased to be here and appreciative of the crowd, which I always think is great, and the frontman was so excited Great use of a vocoder, did a bit of a daft punk homage in the middle of "world on fire", and changed up some of their songs a bit compared to the studio versions (something else I really enjoy). Another one where my only complaint is I wish they were on longer!

Young Guns - 4/10 - Saw them in the FR tent a couple years ago and thought they were amazing. Unfortunately, I don't think they translated well to the big stage.

You Me At Six (Secret Set) - 5/10 - Was fine, left halfway through but I saw the songs I wanted to see later in the day, so I could skip them and have some drinks :P

Clean Bandit - 6/10 - Was obvious we weren't getting into NME very far if at all, so we just had a lay in the sun and listened to these, and I thought they sounded really good. Love the violin. Heard some complaints that she sort of just stood there during non-vilin parts, but didn't affect me :P

Carl Donnelly - 7/10 - Headed over to the Alternative stage, which I rarely do, to catch Simon Amstell and caught this guy before hand, who was really really funny.

Simon Amstell - 8/10 - Hilarious, I love his sarcastic brand of comedy.

The 1975 - 8/10 - Had had a few drinks, which always helped, but these guys were great, really went for it, Matt Healy seemed to be really enjoying himself, and I got a free glowstick! woo!

Blink 182 - 8/10 - I honestly didn't expect these to be as good as they were, probably because I've never really got into them, we were pretty far back but they were really fun, exactly the kind of band I enjoy to see live. Staging was really good and interesting, I enjoyed the between song banter, the fake encore (Bye bye, that's it, no more songs!), they were just really good all round.

Jeez, can't say i'm surprised that they ran away, always made my camp laugh that whenever anyone over 6ft walked past they all went pack into their shells. Hope they didn't ruin your weekend with their bull. Got to say there needs to be a stronger yellow / red card policy, saw the group get warnings at least three of four times a day with no real action taken. I guess taking the moral highground is all that can really be done, i'd be f*****g ashamed to act like that, probably all now gone back to whatever s**thole they came from.

Strange year for me as probably the best Leeds I've ever been to in terms of music. QOTSA, AM, Jake Bugg, Macklemore, Courteeners, Drenge and Royal Blood all great and Bill Bailey was hilarious too.

On the other hand, the worst I've ever seen in terms of crowds and behaviour. I might be getting a bit old for it at 26, but it seems like every year there are less people concerned by the bands and more just there for a weekend on the booze or drugs and to act in a way they could never get away with in normal society.

I'm disgusted by lots of what I've read above but not completely surprised. Time to try another brand of festival for me.