• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I go to Reading and Glastonbury but I go for different things.

At Reading, I'll pretty much see whoever I want and not deviate from my plan. At Glasto I'll see the essential bands that I really want to see (not very many usually), but other than that I'll go with the flow and have a laugh with my friends. I love the general vibe of the place.

It's hard to say which I prefer because I like them for different reasons. Easy for me to say because I have the luxury of being able to afford to go to both.

Plus, well I live very near Reading so the idea of not going is just a bit silly.

I go to Reading and Glastonbury but I go for different things.

At Reading, I'll pretty much see whoever I want and not deviate from my plan. At Glasto I'll see the essential bands that I really want to see (not very many usually), but other than that I'll go with the flow and have a laugh with my friends. I love the general vibe of the place.

It's hard to say which I prefer because I like them for different reasons. Easy for me to say because I have the luxury of being able to afford to go to both.

Plus, well I live very near Reading so the idea of not going is just a bit silly.

Edited by Asdaprice

I just don't understand the hype for Glastonbury.

some quality bookings dotted about: (Nick Cave, Portishead, Public Enemy in particular) but other than Rolling Stones and the aforementioned nothing you couldn't have seen plenty of times in the past year or two. Nothing of real significance, not many notable exclusives.

Comparing the two. First time headliner Biffy Vs. Mumford . Biffy win hands down for depth of catalogue.

Nine Inch Nails, System of A Down Vs. Portishead and Nick Cave. clearly shows the difference in the festivals but both stand up against each other and in a festival environment surely NIN/ SOAD win.

First year since I can remember that Glasto lineup has been that dissapointing.

some quality bookings dotted about: (Nick Cave, Portishead, Public Enemy in particular) but other than Rolling Stones and the aforementioned nothing you couldn't have seen plenty of times in the past year or two. Nothing of real significance, not many notable exclusives.

Comparing the two. First time headliner Biffy Vs. Mumford . Biffy win hands down for depth of catalogue.

Nine Inch Nails, System of A Down Vs. Portishead and Nick Cave. clearly shows the difference in the festivals but both stand up against each other and in a festival environment surely NIN/ SOAD win.

The Glasto line up is really average. I would never choose to go there for the line up. Reading has by far the better acts playing this year hands down in my opinion. I would love to go to glasto at some point for the experience but would never go for the music.