• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Haha nice, though Bjork's been announced for Fuji Rock if you fancy a trip to Japan!

I'm liking the look of OFF Festival in Poland, and it's only £40 for a weekend ticket! Sad thing is, the only flights are through Ryanair and they're charging £50 for a bag plus £150 flights ha.

Yeah exactly. If I wanted to see twats parading around in stilts I'd go to a circus. Glasto has this culture which alot of people love and that's fine, but someone said it earlier, glasto is a festival or all sorts really, whereas reading is a music fest. And musically, I prefer reading to Glastonbury

I also disagree with whoever said readings trying to be glasto. If that were the case, I'm sure it could be a copycat but glasto has the heritage and size for it. Readings unique in its own way and thank god too.

I can see both sides here, I went to every glasto from 1997 to 2008 and will always be the number one for me. Reading/leeds has always been about the music(theres fuck all else to do) and at my last glasto in 2008 I saw 4 or 5 bands and not a single one on the top 2 stages.

For me its about the stone circle, the atmosphere and how everyone is up for it...My greatest memories are at glasto and feel all romantic about it.

Also my favorite sets ever have been at glasto...Which I imagine is from the romantic feel I have for the place.

I can see both sides here, I went to every glasto from 1997 to 2008 and will always be the number one for me. Reading/leeds has always been about the music(theres fuck all else to do) and at my last glasto in 2008 I saw 4 or 5 bands and not a single one on the top 2 stages.

For me its about the stone circle, the atmosphere and how everyone is up for it...My greatest memories are at glasto and feel all romantic about it.

Also my favorite sets ever have been at glasto...Which I imagine is from the romantic feel I have for the place.

I've tended to prefer Reading because as others have said it's about music and beers with friends, and Reading has always suited my musical taste better than any other festival. I respect that Glasto has all that other stuff but I'm just not that into all that other stuff for it to make up for the lack of music that I like.

This year the roles are slightly reversed, although I imagine that when the lock-up and FR are announced Reading will be back to being generally more musically suited to my tastes (even though it'll still be weak). The problem with Reading being so much about the music though is that when the line-up has an off-year like this year the appeal massively drops, which is why I'm ditching it this year. The people for whom the extra shit at Glasto is a big attraction won't suffer that as for them the line-up isn't such a big factor.

Yep exactly, and in return me having been to most readings since 04 has meant I've grown up with the fest, gone with different people, loads of random memories, so I guess you'll always favour what you know and love best.

Which is fine and everything but it doesn't make me automatically say it has the best lineup, I just happen to like this years again. When people say reading is an inferior glasto, I just find that silly really, they are completely different.

Depends really as there both festivals and you can judge them together. Some people just like to go with bands and some people like all the other stuff going on, depends what matters most to you.

I do try and avoid the glasto forum though as I do find them quite arrogant and looking down on other fests, then again there was a time when the r&l did that with v when r&l sold out every year.

I've tended to prefer Reading because as others have said it's about music and beers with friends, and Reading has always suited my musical taste better than any other festival. I respect that Glasto has all that other stuff but I'm just not that into all that other stuff for it to make up for the lack of music that I like.

This year the roles are slightly reversed, although I imagine that when the lock-up and FR are announced Reading will be back to being generally more musically suited to my tastes (even though it'll still be weak). The problem with Reading being so much about the music though is that when the line-up has an off-year like this year the appeal massively drops, which is why I'm ditching it this year. The people for whom the extra shit at Glasto is a big attraction won't suffer that as for them the line-up isn't such a big factor.

Glastonbury main stages are poorer than Reading's this year for me. Reading, i've got actual excitement for more bands at Reading than Glastonbury (Outside of Chic and the Rolling stones.) and yeah if Glastonbury didn't have all the other stuff/wasn't Glastonbury with its vibes man...I'd probs wouldn't bother this year!.