The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

I don't do research for myself when using my phone, so won't do it for you. I've told you what you need to look at for the evidence. Me giving you a link won't make you keener to expand your knowledge. 

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Ah, so you did pull it out your arse then?

nope, i pulled it from here, and knew what it says from the last time i showed it to you, you remained stupid that time (else you'd know it now) can you do better this time?

it will require you to use your brain to understand  and contextualise  what you see, probably beyond you as if you really wanted to put away your ignorance, you'd have done it already.

Edited by Neil

10 hours ago, LJS said:

If she had not been on maternity leave which meant she avoided the vote on the GRA stuff, she would have had to either vote for it or resign her government position

While that’s the case I don’t think you would get in that position to be sacked in labour, I think you would struggle to even become an MP.

A lot of talk about white Christian people being blocked from holding high office, but it’s bollocks. Loads of Christians don’t hold conservative views and would have no issues. Also she hasn’t been blocked from anything, it is up to voters (first SNP and then wider electorate) to make a judgement on these views.

I still think there is a decent chance Forbes will win and that will be great news for labour.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

just so you remember my point, i said Scotland was more socially conservative than the uk average. the BSAS gives the evidence for that

Scotland is not more socially conservative than England, as indeed it was not a decade ago. Meanwhile on some issues opinion in Scotland has become more liberal, in tandem with a similar trend in England.

• Exactly the same proportion in both countries, 69% now agree that it is all right for a couple to live together without getting married. The figure was much the same – 66% in Scotland and 67% in England – a decade ago.
  • In both countries only just over a quarter now say that same-sex relationships are always or mostly wrong (27% in Scotland, 29% in England). In 2000 that proportion – in both cases – was nearly a half (48% in Scotland, 46% in England).

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/latest-report/british-social-attitudes-28/devolution.aspx#

20 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

But more so if they are a women it would seem...  and once they give you an answer you never move on to the next question...

Cancel culture bollocks 🙂   You don't even care what the man thinks - you have a nice women to rough up - keep it classy 😛 

Well let's move on...

Daily Record exclusive:

'Kate Forbes said in 2014 letter that women should not be church ministers as God does "not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man" within the church.'

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, Neil said:

a quote from your link, and is not what i said. 😄 

there's also this that doubts scotland as more progressive....

Scotland is often portrayed as more social democratic in its outlook than England. It also has a distinctive religious heritage that might be thought to result in greater social conservatism. But are these claims accurate

34 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well let's move on...

Daily Record exclusive:

'Kate Forbes said in 2014 letter that women should not be church ministers as God does "not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man" within the church.'

She said she supports buffer zones as long as they are targeted and balanced. I wonder what balance she means here? 

2 hours ago, LJS said:

Can you read?

i missed the 'not' first time.

as that acknowledges, Scotland was more socially conservative  i say its still there under the surface, which is why most scots don't seem to support the gender recognition law, and cos they don't is why sturgeon was too scared to follow her own law).

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

i missed the 'not' first time.

as that acknowledges, Scotland was more socially conservative  i say its still there under the surface, which is why most scots don't seem to support the gender recognition law, and cos they don't is why sturgeon was too scared to follow her own law).

🙂

30 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I thought you didn’t want her to win based on her beliefs? 

Im not surprised at Baz but thought you didn’t want her in a position of power 🤷‍♂️

I think she is completely unsuitable to be voted in , her views would make it impossible to win the labour leadership. 

I hoped SNP would go for safe pair of hands, but they have seemingly gone for 3 poor candidates. If the choice is only between poor candidates than may as well pick the poor candidate who will benefit labour the most.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think she is completely unsuitable to be voted in , her views would make it impossible to win the labour leadership. 

I hoped SNP would go for safe pair of hands, but they have seemingly gone for 3 poor candidates. If the choice is only between poor candidates than may as well pick the poor candidate who will benefit labour the most.

A bunch of Tories had that attitude with Corbyn and look how that turned out.

Hoping for bad opposition isn't a good thing in politics IMO. A good opposition holds your side to their toes.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

A bunch of Tories had that attitude with Corbyn and look how that turned out.

Hoping for bad opposition isn't a good thing in politics IMO. A good opposition holds your side to their toes.

My attitude was they should have gone for a safe pair of hands like Angus, but that can’t happen now. I think all the options left are bad opposition, I don’t see the good opposition option.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Were you not amongst those who were critical of some of the views held by the last labour leader?

8 hours ago, LJS said:

Were you not amongst those who were critical of some of the views held by the last labour leader?

Yes and I was proven correct when he bombed in a general election. I have no doubt you could win the leadership of labour with views outside the mainstream. I think they are so uniform on gay marriage this is one that couldn’t get through. I still have a feeling Forbes will win and I still think a move to the right benefit’s labour in Scotland and nationally.