• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• kaosmark2

• strummer77

I would be wary about reading too much into the community shield. I have seen several over the years and never really felt they had much of an impact on how the winning and losing sides started the season. I doubt there are many man city players feeling down about missing out on a medal. I think city will play more positively this season, a local derby, preseason match is not necessary representative of how they will play. I suppose we will know for sure when the seaosn starts, with man utds strikers I think you know what you get where as the likes of tevez, aguero, dzeko and baloteeli are a lot more difficult to predict.I also hope the british media stop calling yaya toure a defensive midfielder because that is definitely not the position he played last year.

I would be wary about reading too much into the community shield. I have seen several over the years and never really felt they had much of an impact on how the winning and losing sides started the season. I doubt there are many man city players feeling down about missing out on a medal. I think city will play more positively this season, a local derby, preseason match is not necessary representative of how they will play. I suppose we will know for sure when the seaosn starts, with man utds strikers I think you know what you get where as the likes of tevez, aguero, dzeko and baloteeli are a lot more difficult to predict.I also hope the british media stop calling yaya toure a defensive midfielder because that is definitely not the position he played last year.

I'd look like a even bigger gobshite with one of them beards chief.

- - -

Watching Neviller squirm when he has to (inevitably) agree with Souey later this season is gonna be amusing. You could see the contempt he holds for Redknapp's inane babble already. He's brutal at hiding his hatred as we all know.

Good opening game of the season for the 'Orns at Turf Moor. Although I was pissed off when I tuned in for the highlights to find out that Steve Claridge has suddenly learned Will Buckley's name. As far as he's concerned, class players don't exist until after Watford have sold them. :angry:

That would seem realistic to me, but its not what the bbc are reporting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14448089.stm

that's different to just about every other report. It's also a LOT more than Arsenal would have paid in the January window if they'd followed thru at that time.

I think it's safe to assume that the beeb have got it wrong.

It is the character/personality of the man that is polarising, not the club he is associated with. Of the many players that have played for Man Utd I can't think of a single one that is a hated as much as him. In my mind there is no doubt that the suits have chosen to specifically recruit along the lines of Andy Gray.

Say what you want about the predictability and blandness of Hansen and Lawrenson, but neither are genuinely despised. Both have been stinging in their critiscm of issues on and off the pitch. Whether Hansen would knock Kenny live on air is another thing. But I ask you this - in Nev's Sky career will he ever have the guts to speaks out against Alec? Doubt it.

On Irish telly Ray Houghton has tried to chisel out a career for himself in the meeja. Whaddaprick.

It is the character/personality of the man that is polarising, not the club he is associated with. Of the many players that have played for Man Utd I can't think of a single one that is a hated as much as him. In my mind there is no doubt that the suits have chosen to specifically recruit along the lines of Andy Gray.

Say what you want about the predictability and blandness of Hansen and Lawrenson, but neither are genuinely despised. Both have been stinging in their critiscm of issues on and off the pitch. Whether Hansen would knock Kenny live on air is another thing. But I ask you this - in Nev's Sky career will he ever have the guts to speaks out against Alec? Doubt it.

On Irish telly Ray Houghton has tried to chisel out a career for himself in the meeja. Whaddaprick.