2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Macca plays, those who were there in 2004 will be unbearable on here telling us it'll never match that evening!

Mind you, I'd be doing the same thing if Blur were playing again.

Why does this conversation always start, it's so boringggggg

Lets go back to headliners!

Arctics - Stones/Mumford - Mccartney

discuss.

i'd love Kylie. so many good songs. i thought she was gonna headline in '10 / '11 but that didn't pan out (apart from her guest slot with Scissor Sisters)

although not quite as at the top of her game as she was when she was last supposed to headline i think she'd still be a fantastic headliner

i'd love Kylie. so many good songs. i thought she was gonna headline in '10 / '11 but that didn't pan out (apart from her guest slot with Scissor Sisters)

although not quite as at the top of her game as she was when she was last supposed to headline i think she'd still be a fantastic headliner

Just as much hostility towards people who want to watch bands. Which apparently is a sin at glasto to some people.

Anyway for headliners I really don't think the stones is going to happen.

Possibly Macca was asked to step in for the stones or play the sunday, and decided if he's playing one show, he might as well play a few, hence these europe dates. I mean he doesn't need months to sell out a venue and it would reduce the overheads per show. Plus seems a lot of effort to rehearse for one show

Just as much hostility towards people who want to watch bands. Which apparently is a sin at glasto to some people.

Anyway for headliners I really don't think the stones is going to happen.

Possibly Macca was asked to step in for the stones or play the sunday, and decided if he's playing one show, he might as well play a few, hence these europe dates. I mean he doesn't need months to sell out a venue and it would reduce the overheads per show. Plus seems a lot of effort to rehearse for one show

I think, just like the original post, I didn't articulate myself properly.

The whole 'you see bands at glasto? Whats wrong with you!' crew really gets on my nerves and a post that essentially said 'I feel smug about getting a fish curry instead of watching bands' implies, to me, some sort of condescending attitude. That somehow watching bands and enjoying it is the wrong way to 'do glasto' and you're smug about it because you 'know' how you do glasto is better'.

Maybe you didn't mean smug, but if you did then that post belongs in the glasto cliche thread

Here's a novel thought maybe there should be a separate cheaper type of ticket that would just let you into all the 'non-music' area because the bands is why you pay £200