2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking hell are we still on the 'RIhanna isn't a good role model' argument!? who gives a shit!? has she ever presented herself as a role model, or for that matter, as anything other than what she is? her hit single We Found Love is ABOUT taking ecstasy, and many of her songs are about drugs / debauchery / riding dick. she has never tried to hide it and yet she's still one of the biggest pop stars in the world, so give credit where it's due. she does what she does and has never claimed to do anything more or less. she'd be a great headliner. people will argue that 'mehhh she didn't write the songs' but who cares? really?

she's not going to be there anyway so can we just nip this in the bud, end the bullshit, and get back to the more daunting fact that it's going to be Mumfords who actually headline?

Yeah the papers run with it of course and it snowballs from there. She-and/or her 'people'-plays along though, she's back with him and proud of how she hasn't let anyone's opinion dissuade her.

And that's different to just about everyone staying with the one they love because there's something else about the one they love that trumps the bad sides, how exactly? ;)

Personally I don't approve of any woman staying with a woman beater, but Rihanna is not the first to do so and i'm sure she won't be the last.

Does she do it to sell records? Nope, not from anything I've seen. Papers make a big thing of it tho, and people love to read how awful Rihanna is as a person so they can post it on internet forums. ;)

She's human, and no more perfect than you or I in that respect.

Now, if you want to slag off her awful music, go ahead. If you want to slag her off for getting back with Brown go ahead.

But to twist her being a victim of domestic violence into your dislike of her is going too far. Next up I'm sure you'll be posting how dreadful it is for children under ten to be sexualised whilst enjoying today's Daily Mail website. ;)

And that's different to just about everyone staying with the one they love because there's something else about the one they love that trumps the bad sides, how exactly? ;)Personally I don't approve of any woman staying with a woman beater, but Rihanna is not the first to do so and i'm sure she won't be the last.Does she do it to sell records? Nope, not from anything I've seen. Papers make a big thing of it tho, and people love to read how awful Rihanna is as a person so they can post it on internet forums. ;)She's human, and no more perfect than you or I in that respect.Now, if you want to slag off her awful music, go ahead. If you want to slag her off for getting back with Brown go ahead.But to twist her being a victim of domestic violence into your dislike of her is going too far. Next up I'm sure you'll be posting how dreadful it is for children under ten to be sexualised whilst enjoying today's Daily Mail website. ;)

Dunno if this has been posted already, but The Sun is saying it's Arctic Monkeys, The Stones and Mumford....

That's Gordon "Not" Smart's revenge on eFestivals for us beating him to the punch. He's made up a load of quotes to suggest his story has something of substance behind it, when all it has is what efests published on Saturday.